Dollhouse Identification

10 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie here, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I stopped in my local resale shop yesterday and spotted this dollhouse and had to have it--it's the first dollhouse I've had since I was a child. I'm hoping someone can identify it from the pictures I'm attaching. The first and second floor porch railings are not finished yet and there are two dormers that were not put on yet. Part of the roof is hinged to reveal a seventh room, as can be seen in the third picture attached. Any ideas as to the kit maker and what model this is?

P1000512.jpg

P1000505.jpg

P1000506.jpg

What a nice house! Someone here will know. :) 

Welcome! Nice, spacious house, great find! Someone should be able to help ID it. 

When you first described the dormers I assumed that there were holes in the roof for them.  What fun you will have making those, should you choose to use the dormers.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

When you first described the dormers I assumed that there were holes in the roof for them.  What fun you will have making those, should you choose to use the dormers.

No reason why they couldn't be fake dormers. Would alter the outside appearance of the house but leave the inside smooth for decorating. Nobody will be able to see both the front and back of the house at the same time. :D 

1 person likes this

I am certainly not an expert on these things.  It almost looks homemade.  Those rooms look nice and spacious.  You can do a lot with them.

I think it's homemade, too. I would have remembered a dollhouse with only two single windows on the extended front. That's pretty unique.

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

...a dollhouse with only two single windows on the extended front. That's pretty unique.

With the downstairs window box and the upstairs lozenge-shaped decoration, my  guess is that the builder decided not to put windows those two places.

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I think it's homemade, too. I would have remembered a dollhouse with only two single windows on the extended front. That's pretty unique.

If Kelly thinks it's homemade, it probably is. She is our go-to person for dollhouse identification. It is really a nice house. You are lucky to have it.

Thanks so much for the responses, everyone. I thought the window box and the little diamond-shaped window on the front (it's hard to see in the picture, but it's a yellow "stained glass" window) looked pretty unique. Looks like I have a one-of-a-kind dollhouse, which is good to know!