My Garfield eye candy...

uppitycats

I just uploaded a few shots of the interior of my Garfield. I gave up waiting on the turntable and furnished the house. I guess I'll just have to move out when the turntable is done :banana:

Anyway...I have lots to do yet, inside...but am going to wait until March, after I've gone to the THREE dollhouse miniature shows near me!!, where I will probably spend way more than I should :yikes:

Thanks I am going to look now. I had your pictures out at 3:00am looking at them to get ideas on how to do the Master Bedroom Wall. I almost pm'd you to ask for more pictures. You must have read my mind.

It looks wonderful!! Congrats on finishing. I love all the cats. As I was watching the slideshow, my cat was giving me funny looks trying to figure out what I was doing.

Nice job!!

Carrie

What?? Does HBS really have a 50% off sale?? I hope you weren't kidding!

I can't believe the floors on your house. They're gorgeous!!! What did you use and how did you get that shine? I think you did an incredible job!! I hope I get one of my houses to turn out like yours :banana:

Thanks for the pictures!

Your house looks awesome! :yikes: Thanks for the "eye candy". I love to see how everybody else does their Garfield. So many rooms and so many obtions. Yours is great. Love what you did with the library room :banana:

The space under the stairs is, in fact, a closet -- the door is on the other side, and can be seen from the front (but I didn't post any close-up pictures of the front of the house). I didn't install the front bay window as a "slider", but presumably if one did that (as instructed in the ..uh..instructions...) the closet would be more visible, I guess. But those are good ideas -- turn the closet around so you could access it from the dining or living room. But there is indeed a closet there, and a door. I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to put in there, but probably brooms and stuff like that... :banana:

Somebody asked about the flooring: the floors are the original plywood that came with the kit...

sanded and sanded and sanded smooth. Then carefully scored with a pencil and awl, the scaled dimensions of a real hardwood floor. With horizontal scoring to indicate the planks. Then sanded again, then several coats of varnish, like you'd do on a real floor.

The matriarch cat -- the large one in the doorway between the dining room and living room -- seemed large when I got her, but now that she's there, she looks the right size. But even with the 12 cats and a fox...I need more cats. So that's on my list of "must buys". I didn't show the inside of the cabinet on the kitchen sink, but there are boxes of kitty litter and kitty food in there, that I made from downloaded printies..another hobby I'm beginning to love, after learning about this dollhouse stuff! :yikes:

Anyway.. lots to do, yet, and lots to buy...but there it is. Did anyone notice the nice hardwood edges my husband was able to cut for me..that frame the rooms? They really do seem to "finish off" the edges nicely. And in close-ups, look like beams... :o

:banana: LOVE what you have done and we are most grateful that we didn't need to send out the eye candy copper on ya' LOL :o Well, will scoot over and have another drooling seesion now, thanks!!!!

Hugs >sending the boys in blue back to the station :yikes: <

it was in April that HBS had a 50% off on your highest priced item
April Fool's Day

Ernie is doing the 50% off sale on orders over US$75 on 1 December, also; the ad's on the back cover of the new catalog.

Ernie is doing the 50% off sale on orders over US$75 on 1 December, also; the ad's on the back cover of the new catalog.

Hmmm, wonder if that applies to orders from the other side of the "pond"???

I am intruiged :banana: LOL as that is close enough to count as CHristmas shopping right?!? Hehe....

Hugs

Anna, dear, why are you still up? Go to bed! BTW, I'd think that sale applies everywhere they ship, so get out your currency converter!

that is close enough to count as CHristmas shopping right?!?

Br the time you'd get it it would!

I already know what I'm getting.

Anna, dear, why are you still up? Go to bed! BTW, I'd think that sale applies everywhere they ship, so get out your currency converter!

Br the time you'd get it it would!

I already know what I'm getting.

Hmm... well ummm, I sort of heard something about new pics in the gallery so afcourse I just had :banana: to check those out, and then I needed to jot down a couple of ideas in the sketch pad and....

OK, might just try and find those pillows in a little while :yikes: maybe....

Hugs

Very nice house. Great job and I love the kitties. You might want to check out any tractor supply stores, I found some animals there that fit perfect in my Creekside Cabin.