13 posts in this topic

Hello, fellow forum members -

My first exposure to Greenleaf was the Harrison that my mother built for her grandchildren in the early 80s. It was well loved by our families and most of the neighbor children. The dollhouse traveled a bit and was given first to my niece and then my eldest daughter, whose five year old daughter is attached to it at the hip. When my newest grand daughter was born last year her mother said, "Great! Now it's OUR turn for the dollhouse!" To forestall the inevitable battle (ever tried to pry a five year old from her favorite toy on the planet?) I decided to make a new dollhouse for the other set of grandbabies. I  joined the woodshop in my retirement community, found the best mentor on the planet, and dived in.

It's been twenty years since I tackled a doll house but it's been a joy.

I'll share pics soon - promise!

3 people like this

Hi, JJ. Welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you have the soul of a diplomat. What a good idea to make a second house. We look forward to your pictures. When you have made 5 posts, you can start a photo album in the Gallery.

Welcome to the little family, JJ.  I would love to build a Harrison! so I look forward to your pictures.

I love your story! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing pics of whatever you decide to build :D 

So wonderful to have such a cherished item passed down through the generations!!!

17 hours ago, KathieB said:

Hi, JJ. Welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you have the soul of a diplomat. What a good idea to make a second house. We look forward to your pictures. When you have made 5 posts, you can start a photo album in the Gallery.

Thanks for the welcome! I do try to keep the peace. It's a little easier with five year olds when one has enough toys. Heh. I look forward to posting pics of the progress.

10 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome JJ :wave:

Thanks, Mid-life. As addictions go, this one has been quite lovely!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shareb said:

So wonderful to have such a cherished item passed down through the generations!!!

It does make me smile, and I love hearing the kids' (40 year olds now) stories about their play all those years ago. I'll share pics of Mom's work soon, and, best news of all - I've ordered another Harrison so I can make repairs easily. It's been so much fun. My grand daughter LOVES helping with the renovation, and is completely devoted to her doll house.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Dalesq said:

I love your story! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing pics of whatever you decide to build :D 

Thanks for the lovely welcome! I can tell this forum is going to be a good home for my building story.

17 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, JJ.  I would love to build a Harrison! so I look forward to your pictures.

Thanks, Holly. Now I have some incentive to organize some of my photo files. Wish me luck!

9 hours ago, Rainwallker Doll Houses said:

It does make me smile, and I love hearing the kids' (40 year olds now) stories about their play all those years ago. I'll share pics of Mom's work soon, and, best news of all - I've ordered another Harrison so I can make repairs easily. It's been so much fun. My grand daughter LOVES helping with the renovation, and is completely devoted to her doll house.

Welcome, JJ. It is wonderful that you are passing on the love of miniatures to the next generation!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now