Warm up sheet Beacon Hill

Judy Buchsel

Is this what you're looking for?

Page 1: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=downloads&module=downloads&controller=view&id=40

Page 2: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=downloads&module=downloads&controller=view&id=41

It seems like there's nothing on the page but you can download it and view it on your computer.

The warm-up sheets' most valuable information is to tell you "Don't panic!" in large, friendly letters.  The instructions are much more helpful, IMO, so long as you don't use hot glue for the build.

I'm pretty sure it's just one page. Don't panic.

Here's what I do with a new kit: Inventory the kit and make sure you have all of the pieces. Read the instructions through several time, making any notes in the margins about questions, concerns, etc. Label all pieces with the name or part number with a pencil. Take your time, relax, have fun!

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The warm-up sheets' most valuable information is to tell you "Don't panic!" in large, friendly letters.  The instructions are much more helpful, IMO, so long as you don't use hot glue for the build.

DONT worry, I won't use hit gkue...but what kind of glue do I use to apply the shingles and do I paint the shingles before I put the in of after?  Thank you so much!

27 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

I'm pretty sure it's just one page. Don't panic.

Here's what I do with a new kit: Inventory the kit and make sure you have all of the pieces. Read the instructions through several time, making any notes in the margins about questions, concerns, etc. Label all pieces with the name or part number with a pencil. Take your time, relax, have fun!

Thank you so much!!  I will do that and I've been reading the instructions a lot!

• Like 1

I use the same wood glue to attach the shingles that I use to build the kit.  Some people use a dot of hot glue to hold the shingle in place whilst the wood glue dries.  I don't, I lay a trip of waxed paper over the course of shingles I've laid and clamp a piece of scrap wood on top to hold the shingles in place.

1 hour ago, Judy Buchsel said:

do I paint the shingles before I put the in of after?  

You may want to paint the underlying roof pieces the same color that you'll use on the shingles. There are bound to be some teeny gaps between shingles. You don't want to have to go over the roof with a 3-hair brush to get paint into those spots. <speaking from experience here>

I'd paint the roof after the shingles are in place, but that's just me. I use a stiff bristle brush and sort of jam the paint or stain against the edges of the shingles. I still have to go back and hit spots I missed after the paint dries. Hint: the missed spots show up very well in photographs. :D 

Some folks stain the shingles using two of those aluminum throw-away baking pans. Poke holes in one of them. Put the shingles in the one with holes and put it into the one that doesn't have holes. Pour the stain in and swish it around. When the shingles are the color you want. pick up the pan with the holes so the stain can drain out into the bottom pan. Spread the shingles out on newspaper or paper towels to dry. If you do it in batches, there may be a slight difference in coloration. When mixed up on the roof, it makes a pleasing effect. 

If you're using stain after the shingles are glued to the roof, try not to get any glue spots on them. Paint will cover glue but stain will not. 

If I'm painting I do it after the shingles are in place.  If I stain I do it before the shingles go on; and it's the die-cut sheets of shingles that come with some of the Greenleaf kits, so I wipe on the stain using a rag of the hubs' old teeshirts.