Who did the crazy brick?

Dalesq

I’m hoping someone will remember who did the cottage (it might have been a shop) that had the elaborate crazy brick patterns on the exterior. I recall that the member posted a couple of photos, but had a link to her(?) blog or Instagram or something with more photos. I did several searches here on the forum but no luck. Anyone remember the house I’m talking about?

16 minutes ago, KathieB said:

I recall that brickwork. It is amazing. Grazhina and Otterine come to mind, but I can't be sure. 

It’s not Brae. I checked Grazhina's album and blog but didn’t find it (it’s always nice to revisit other member's work!). :) 

I'm still looking. Maybe it was a witch cottage???

2 minutes ago, Sable said:

Just to clarify, you don’t mean Brea’s chimney on her Haunted Heritage?

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=73330&browse=1

No, it’s not Brae. Her chimney brick work is lovely! But that’s not it. The brick patterns were in swirls and curves on the exterior walls of the structure, which I think was a cottage.

This isn’t the house, but could be the inspiration for the one I’m remembering and for my own project. The swirls and curves are so playful in this house by Dennis Nordman. Definitely worth a look. :D 

http://nikkinikkinikki72.blogspot.com/2011/04/wizard-shop-by-dennis-nordman-wow.html?m=1

• Like 1

12 hours ago, My Miniature Madness said:

Maybe Shannon's Duddingwell's from the Rik Pierce class she took?

http://shannonsminiblog.blogspot.com/2017/09/back-to-duddingwells.html

blogger-image--1837759660.jpg

Still not the build I was thinking of, but I'm finding many of Rik Pierce's builds have these brick effects. Shannon’s work is wonderful. Funny thing, I am looking at doing this type of brick work on a kit I just got from her! :D More later on that :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luanne said:

That's the one I was picturing in my mind! I knew I'd seen it here. Love that brickwork! :D 

4 hours ago, Luanne said:

Very cute Storybook, Luanne!

Thanks Jodi.  What skills you have for the same kit!  

This was my first bash and the change  was adding the 3rd bay window.  I have no idea how you accomplished the changes you made.  

Oh my! 

• Like 1