Dollhouse Magazines

TaliasEclectics

I find them all inspiring. Some are geared more towards making or building and others more towards collecting. You might get a copy of several different magazines and see which ones spark your interest. :) 

I like Nutshell News because it has dress patterns, but the photos are sooooo small and bad quality it’s kind of frustrating. American Miniaturist or Dollhouse Miniatures is better quality. 

• Like 1

Also (just throwing this in), Artisans in Miniature does a free quarterly magazine in PDF format, with quite a few projects and helpful information.  They have an online archive going back to 2009 (when it was monthly).  Worth checking out if you're new to miniatures, especially since it doesn't cost anything. :) http://www.artisansinminiature.com/  Click on their Archive links to see the older issues.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, miniaddicted said:

Not sure if anyone posted this elsewhere but Miniature Collector magazine is now history :(

Really?  The Scott Publications website shows that the September 2018 issue is on sale.

September was the last issue.  I received my copy 2 days ago and there is no mention about the closing.  Some have tried calling their offices to confirm the closing, question whether subscriptions paid for will be refunded, etc but no one is answering phones.  Apparently the publisher, a woman in her 70s or 80s, was on a ladder cleaning gutters, fell broke her back thus the decision to close was made.  Such a loss for the miniature community.  Miniature Collector was the best mini magazine ever published - so much inspiration  

I am heartbroken to hear this; Miniature Collector was the last US owned & published dollhouse magazine.  Ashdown (American Miniaturist) bought Dollhouse Miniatures from whoever bought them from Kalmbach several years ago and that's a UK publisher.

On 8/1/2018, 11:25:45, Debsrand56 said:

Also (just throwing this in), Artisans in Miniature does a free quarterly magazine in PDF format, with quite a few projects and helpful information.  They have an online archive going back to 2009 (when it was monthly).  Worth checking out if you're new to miniatures, especially since it doesn't cost anything. :) http://www.artisansinminiature.com/  Click on their Archive links to see the older issues.

I agree and being free is an added bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018, 12:48:36, queenannediva said:

September was the last issue.  I received my copy 2 days ago and there is no mention about the closing.  Some have tried calling their offices to confirm the closing, question whether subscriptions paid for will be refunded, etc but no one is answering phones.  Apparently the publisher, a woman in her 70s or 80s, was on a ladder cleaning gutters, fell broke her back thus the decision to close was made.  Such a loss for the miniature community.  Miniature Collector was the best mini magazine ever published - so much inspiration  

Nooooo!!!!!! This is terrible news. I had sent in a check to renew Min Collector in August, and I just got back the envelope labeled "Refused, unable to forward." I looked forward to this beautiful magazine every month. I'm so sorry to hear of the publisher's fall--best wishes for her. Sad now.