Tons of stuff from an estate - East Central Iowa

MDPhillips

I have a ton (almost literally) of stuff from my aunt's estate.  I haven't had a chance to do an inventory yet but there are several books, a dollhouse new in the box, a 4 drawer dresser full of stuff, and a few other boxes with items as well. It would take me a lifetime to try to sell things individually so I'm looking sell it all in one lot or at least a few large lots.  If anybody is even remotely interested please let me know.  Fire away with questions - not sure to try to include in descriptions. Thanks!

Just a suggestion, Mary, but it would help to sell the stuff if you would take some time to go through all of it and separate it into groups as you go:  structures and kits, finished items you can separate into batches (furniture, accessories, food, cookware, dolls, etc.), smaller kits you can separate into batches (furniture, dolls, electrical supplies, etc.), and so on with supplies; and take photos of your batches; it will make selling things much easier.

I went to a mini estate sale where the family rented a classroom at a local community center. The center supplied about 20 tables and the family priced and sorted everything into small bins by category. One table was full of tools, another fabric and lace, another furniture and so on....whatever didn’t sell after two days went to Goodwill. You can now advertise on sites like Nextdoor, Craigslist and other Garage Sale sites. The beauty of this is that they only had to sort through it once, it was gone in a week and they made money (about $100 from me alone).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thimble Hall said:

Sable may I ask what you do with the HOM kits at your club please?

Great question. We work on a mini project at our monthly club meeting. Then we finish them at home, if needed.  At our annual Show we will display some of the items we made during the year in our larger projects or individually. I thought that the furniture kits would be a great project to work on. 

• Like 1