Braxton Payne

madtex1967

I just wanted to let you all know what a great experience I have had with this miniaturist. I recently bought one of Braxton Payne's cast New Orleans houses off eBay. It was missing the card stock window and door printouts to be placed on it. I contacted him through his Etsy store. He was GREAT! He was shocked I was able to find the house from 1994. He emailed me the instructions and graphics for the house for free. 

I think this one completes my collection of these houses he used to do for the New Orleans miniature show each year. 

He he said that he had just talked to his friends that live in the model house just yesterday. 

I know there are more of his houses out there on Etsy and eBay, but for his response to me to be so positive is wonderful. It makes me feel better to continue to purchase his mini items.

• Like 4

Matt, I find that even the great miniature artisans are, with very, very few exceptions, mostly gracious, friendly, sharing folks.  It's why, when I welcome newcomers to our forum and to our hobby, I welcome them to the family.

On 8/5/2018, 8:22:50, kokomo said:

I just bought this Braxton Payne fireplace on eBay not too long ago. I'm not sure if he was the seller or not but I sure do love his work!

s-l500.jpg

Toni...I just looked and you bought that from me!!! LOL

Braxton is a great guy and I work with him throughout the year and sell a LOT of his fireplaces and pottery. He is definitely one of a kind!

• Like 1

Oh! haha! Isn't that funny?

You have some really good stuff on eBay. I check your quarter scale inventory often. I also bought one of your little godwit china cabinet kits which I still have yet to put together. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth on my experience buying from BP. I went through his regular website: http://www.braxtonpayne.com/2017_Publish/2017_Publish/2017_HOME.htm

Ordered over 20 pieces of pottery on a Sunday and had them by Wednesday. They are remarkably delicate and perfectly scaled. They were carefully wrapped, and he even included a key chain attached to a tiny resin 1/144th scale house to paint. The shipping was only like $4.75, too. Needless to say, I'll be placing another order Soon!