New Miniature!

Roxxie2

Hi Everyone!   I have been very busy with a very special new miniature and here he is.   Please meet Patrick, Miniature Poodle (full AKC poodle).  We got him on Saturday.  He's 4 months old, 6 lbs at his Vet visit yesterday.     Its been a lot of fun and a lot of work with this little guy but I am so happy.  I missed having a fur baby since my Diesel passed 7 months ago.  Oh, He was born on St. Patrick's Day hence the name Patrick.  

patrickgreenlf.jpg

• Like 6

I forgot what its like to have a baby to take care of...lol    Keeps me very busy but what a sweetheart!   
Thanks....I love this little guy!   I think this is the only "mini" I am going to be able to work with for a while.  

Yep!   He's a winner.  Thanks!   I found him online from a breeder in New Mexico who breeds the fancy poodles and saw his photo.  I fell in love immediately and nagged Ray until he gave in.  ha!   We both agreed that our home was way too quiet in the last 7 months since our Diesel passed.  It was time.  He is such a calm loving little guy his favorite activity when he's not sleeping, eating, playing or pooping is cuddling on my lap.  He would stay there for hours.  
I hope you don't get tired of puppy stories.  There is nothing sweeter than a freshly shampooed poodle pup.  Love:cloud9:

Does anyone have a recommendation for safe and gentle puppy shampoo?  We live in the high desert where its extremely dry and our skin and the puppy's skin is dry too.   Ray always washed Diesel with baby shampoo but I have read where even that isn't good for their skin.  
Googled a lot of opinions.  

• Like 1

You'll want to keep him clipped during the hot months.  When my mother died no one wanted her toy poodle, so we gave in to our kids and took him and he had a lot of bad behaviors to unlearn.  When his fur began to mat & smell I used a trick I'd learned as a girl and brushed baby powder through his fur with his wire grooming brush.  It acts like a dry shampoo.  When we did bathe him it was with a generic baby shampoo that had no added fragrances, and we made sure he was well rinsed before towel drying him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So Sad...….   This sweet puppy got sick the first week we had him and he went back to the breeder.  She sold us a sick dog either knowing or not our hearts were broken.  
On a brighter note, we have contracted with a different breeder for a Yorkie who was just born about a week ago so we won't have him for a while.  In the mean time, if any of you have Yorkies I could use any and all of the advice you care to share.  I've been doing a lot of reading so as to not have another sick pup.
I've been crocheting teeny sweaters and praying that we get a nice healthy little pet.  

I am so sorry about Patrick.  He was a cutie.  Ok so yes I do have a yorkie.  She is my avatar and she is a tad bit spoiled.  Her name is Foxy Lady.  Mine is a teacup.  Anyways yorkies are a tad bit of upkeep.  As yours grows get her or him used to grooming with a comb and brush.  You will need those to keep her from getting matted hair.  I do get mine groomed in summer but not to short.  Find a good dog food.  Mine has to have grain free.  She has tummy issues and I can’t even begin to tell you about the vet bills but we finally found her a food she can tolerate.  She gets fed Wellness.  Also when you first get your yorkie I would have your vet check her out.  Specifically check for liver shunt.  Now for potty training....yorkies are notoriously famous for being a stubborn breed to train.  I used the pee pads when I was not home but when I was home I would take her out first thing in morning and when I bought her in after doing her business I would give her a treat.  She learned over time if she did her business outside she would get a treat when she came in so if I put a pad down now she shreds it!!!  If you don’t plan to breed then get him/her fixed while still young.  I order her shampoo from Amazon. I useBiosilk Moisturizing Shampoo for dogs on her.  It works well.  As yours grows the hair color will change or rather should.  Foxy is now 8 years old and still has mostly tan and black and yes she is purebred and papered.  I’m sure there are other things that I can’t think of now and I have wrote a mini novel!  And this is just info scrambled around

You can pm me if you would like

oh yes get her teeth checked at all her vet appts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Did you sign a contract?

Yes Kelly we did but she did say in the contract she would refund all but the down payment if the dog was returned to her.  Still waiting...…….

• 4 weeks later...

Update:   We did get all of our money back  from the breeder except the down payment.  Yay!!    We are expecting baby Charlie, a Yorkie puppy in about 3 weeks from a different breeder.    I hope this time we get to keep him!  

Charlie3weeks1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Holly!!!  He's sooooooooooo tiny!!!   I spent much of the day yesterday and today getting rid of plants!!!   I did some research and found out that every plant that I had in the house is poisonous to cats and dogs!    I had succulents and cactus and every single one is bad!!!!   I am taking no chances!
18 Days and counting!