New to Site

rainsong

Hi, i just joined this group and site. I wanted a doll house when small and never got one so my husband bought me The Garfield for our anniversary. I'm not sure I'm not in way over my head but really want to put this thing together. We live in North Arkansas in the Ozarks, out on a large farm. I home school our two children. I am an early retired registered nurse and love crafts of all kinds. I'm looking forward to talking to some of you. And be forewarned - I'm full of questions about this doll house. Thanks - Anna

Anna, you are so-o-o welcome to the forum!!! :banana: I'm also an early-retired RN :yikes:

The Garfield for our anniversary. I'm not sure I'm not in way over my head but really want to put this thing together.

I can promise you you'll have a lot more fun figuring things out on a big, complex house that's one YOU want to build than puttering around with a smaller one you don't really want to play with & get bored with. A lot of people have built or are building this kit and every single one of us on the forum started out at Ground Zero from a standing start.

We travel a lot since we retired and spent some of last year in eastern Arkansas.

Hi, Thank you for writing. I envy your traveling. My new husband (well - 2 years ago) has 2 small kids and we are trying to rebuild an old farm house and seems like something always comes along to keep us form "GOING" - he has never been anywhere and I would love to show him all the places I have been - maybe one of these days. Nothwest Arkansas is VERY different from the eastern part. I love the Garfield. May be able to start on it today - every time I thought I was ready I discovered I needed something else. The comapny I bought it from had told me the shingles and siding were included but weren't. I still don't have them and am trying to figure out how difficult it is going to be to put the siding on later if I go ahead and put it on. Right now I am playing with the 2 colors of paint I got trying to decode if I want light trimmed in the dark or the other way around. Hope you're having a great weekend. Anna

The comapny I bought it from had told me the shingles and siding were included but weren't. I still don't have them and am trying to figure out how difficult it is going to be to put the siding on later if I go ahead and put it on

You can order what you need direct from Greenleaf and the service is outstanding. Just click on the logo to go to the homepage to email/ call them.

Welcome to the forum. As Holly said there are several people building this house, so I'm sure someone can answer any questions you have. You probably can go ahead and start your house, usually the siding and shingles go on several steps down the road.

Hi and welcome Anna :banana: . The garfield is a great and beautiful house, I should know I have one :o . You don't really need to worry about shingles and siding right now, as Peggi said it's further down the road. The best place to start is to go to the gallery and look at all the great pictures of the garfields and you should get some great ideas from them. Don't be afraid to ask questions someone will be able to help you :yikes: .

Hi Anna! :banana: What a wonderful anniversary present. The Garfield is huge! I don't have one, but I've been admiring some of the ones on this forum. There are lots of members here just standing by, eager to help.

(I like your online name, "rainsong".)

Welcome to the forum! How wonderful that your husband bought you the Garfield for an anniversary present. Now you can hint on what to buy for other special days :banana: . Ask questions, someone here can help you. I have searched through the "do it yourself projects" thread and have found a lot of information. There is also a Greenleaf map that you can add yourself to.

Hello and :thumb: to the froum Anna from another Anna :D

I know you will have lots of fun around the forum as well as get lots of tips and ideas and inspiration and all of a sudden end up with a whole mini town of your own, oops did I say that out loud :lol: ....

Mini-hugs

Welcome!

I live in southwest Mo close to Joplin so that would make us neighbors of sorts!

HOWDY! :yucky:

The Garfield is a wonderful house!

would make a great family or couple project.

glad you found us!

nutti :banana::wave:

Hi and welcome!! You found the perfect place to come for advice and support while creating your Garfield. Good luck with it and have lots of fun!! I can't wait to see pictures of your progress.

:yucky:

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...