Houseworks Ltd Windows ISO

Christine70

I am finishing a 40yr old American Craft Products Victorian house.  I have all the finishes except the windows.  I have (1) HW #5028 and need (9) total.  It appears this is a model no longer produced and the #5030 seems a suitable but less ornate replacement.  Anyone have (8) #5028s around?  With an internet search, I may have the only one left on the planet ;-(

The #5028 matches the (2) uninstalled #5027s I also have.  If I can’t find the 5028s, I will have to substitute those as well.  

Every now and then a bunch of them show up on eBay. If you do a search for ACP, American Crafts, and Carlson's, eventually they'll show up, although it may takle quite a while. Also check window lots - I've seen a lot of old Carlson windows show up in odd lots.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christine70 said:

The rest of my finishes are HW and I did send them an email as a long shot this evening.  I would be open to a similar high-quality window to HW.  

Classics are good but harder to find. Good luck with your search!

• Like 1

Is this what your house looks like?

victorian.thumb.jpg.a6751bc7a0983b2ee2dc

(That's a picture of a half scale American Craft Victorian in an old catalogue I have, I don't know if there's a different house called the Victorian in 1:12 scale.)

If you can't find the Houseworks windows, some other high quality brands are Majestic Mansions and Lawbre. You're not going to find one exactly like the Houseworks but maybe you'll see a style you don't mind replacing those with. Both of these brands are pricey though.

• Like 1

The Houseworks windows were made during the 1970s and early 1980s so they have been retired for a long time.  When I had Shellie Kazan's Nob Hill house kit it cost me a fortune finding enough of the windows and doors on the secondary market (a lot of competition).  I sold all with the kit when I decided to go in another direction.  If you want gorgeous high quality windows check out Lawbre nothing compares to their victorian windows and doors.  It maybe a while to get an order from Lawbre as I have placed a very large order with Terri.  She called me a few days ago to say she is working on it but it is going to be quite some time yet.

• Like 1

Christine, I may actually have a few of those. It's late here and we've been having more of the wilder wild animals around the house of late during the night, so won't be able to check until tomorrow. If I find the 5028's I'm more than glad to message you and let you know what I have.  :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fov said:

Is this what your house looks like?

victorian.thumb.jpg.a6751bc7a0983b2ee2dc

(That's a picture of a half scale American Craft Victorian in an old catalogue I have, I don't know if there's a different house called the Victorian in 1:12 scale.)

If you can't find the Houseworks windows, some other high quality brands are Majestic Mansions and Lawbre. You're not going to find one exactly like the Houseworks but maybe you'll see a style you don't mind replacing those with. Both of these brands are pricey though.

That’s the house.  It stands 42” tall and is 35” long.  As soon as I can upload photos, I’ll include the original instructions that had an image of an undressed kit assembled.  

Seek and ye shall find....

First, a thank you to everyone that chipped in with suggestions.  I was up late last night searching and pondering on all of them.  I was sure that my dad would never have bought “one” window and thought to buy the rest later.  This dollhouse and all the pieces were in their special place in his basement.  When my siblings and I took turns to clean it out, a box containing the balance of the windows went in the wrong direction.  A few calls to my brothers this morning produced what I needed.  Turns out, there are even extras.  I’ll hold on to them in case someone just like me is missing a few.  The Lawbre would have been a beautiful substitute.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Christine70 said:

First, a thank you to everyone that chipped in with suggestions.  I was up late last night searching and pondering on all of them.  I was sure that my dad would never have bought “one” window and thought to buy the rest later.  This dollhouse and all the pieces were in their special place in his basement.  When my siblings and I took turns to clean it out, a box containing the balance of the windows went in the wrong direction.  A few calls to my brothers this morning produced what I needed.  Turns out, there are even extras.  I’ll hold on to them in case someone just like me is missing a few.  The Lawbre would have been a beautiful substitute.  

That misplaced box was actually the first thought that flashed through my mind when I read your original post here.  How nice of your brother to check before tossing out the box!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christine70 said:

Awesome!! Can’t wait to see you get started.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness! I thought you were talking about Carlson windows for your house. My apologies - I should have looked up the numbers. But anyway, those are beautiful windows! And I'm so glad you found the ones you did. They do show up from time to time on eBay, but not often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Oh my goodness! I thought you were talking about Carlson windows for your house. My apologies - I should have looked up the numbers. But anyway, those are beautiful windows! And I'm so glad you found the ones you did. They do show up from time to time on eBay, but not often.

No worries - I would have had to buy any manufacturer to complete the house - so your suggestion was very welcome!  As I re-enter the mini-world, it’s interesting to see the makers of the various pieces I have to see if they are still around or not - or to what extent.  It’s also good to learn about other makers too.  More knowledge!! 

37 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

These windows were recently on eBay. I had never seen them before, and bid. I don't think I would pass them up again. They are gorgeous! Your Dad had good taste!!!! You are going have a beautiful dollhouse.

Good eye and great catch!  $66 for all that is a steal.  Especially since the #5028s are out of production.  The original 1979 prices are still marked on my boxes and you paid less than my dad did back in the day.  The 5030s are still nice but side by side, the 5028s are truly ornate.  Have fun designing with them!! 

• Like 1