PBS Mini Series "The Miniaturist"

third_hand

Is anyone else excited about this new PBS series? Fingers crossed they'll do lots of closeups and detail shots of props! Now, we just have to hang on until September :crazyeyes:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/the-miniaturist/

P.s.-- Did any one ever get together an organized thread about shows and movies featuring miniatures?

Thanks. I have the book and since this was originally televised in England a few months ago I watched the first episode online. Try to read the backstory on the artisans who made the miniatures for the series.

Some people love it others not so much. It depends on how you stand on social issues which still carry on 330 years later.

I’m going to have to record them since I’ll be away during the airing.

2 hours ago, third_hand said:

P.s.-- Did any one ever get together an organized thread about shows and movies featuring miniatures?

Yes, here is the link;

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=40635#comment-650554

That sounds good - unfortunately it wouldn't let me watch the preview because I'm not in the right 'region'.  I'll have to keep an eye out for it - no doubt it'll make it's way down here at some stage!

2 hours ago, Shareb said:

That sounds good - unfortunately it wouldn't let me watch the preview because I'm not in the right 'region'.  I'll have to keep an eye out for it - no doubt it'll make it's way down here at some stage!

It doesn't air until September in the U.S. Hope you won't have to wait much longer!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sable said:

Thanks. I have the book and since this was originally televised in England a few months ago I watched the first episode online. Try to read the backstory on the artisans who made the miniatures for the series.

Some people love it others not so much. It depends on how you stand on social issues which still carry on 330 years later.

I’m going to have to record them since I’ll be away during the airing.

Yes, here is the link;

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=40635#comment-650554

Thanks for the link! :)

11 hours ago, third_hand said:

I haven't read the book, but it does claim to be based on the novel. How was the book, Holly?

As Denise points out, it deals with a LOT of social issues still causing ruckuses 330+ years later.  

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

As Denise points out, it deals with a LOT of social issues still causing ruckuses 330+ years later.  

That's lucky; I prefer things with a little social commentary built in. I'm so looking forward to it! Perhaps I'll pick up the novel in the meantime :)

1 hour ago, third_hand said:

That's lucky; I prefer things with a little social commentary built in. I'm so looking forward to it! Perhaps I'll pick up the novel in the meantime :)

Yes, the book explains things that the series does not, like why her blue dress is too large for her.

Thanks for letting us all know about this - I hadn't heard anything about it - or the book!  Julie Campbell makes the most exquisite dolls ever ... what a talent.  I've been in love with her fairies for years.  I'm looking forward to this series now, and will devour it when it airs.  :eatyum:

• Like 1