Teach me!!!

Markiemark9

I picked up this dollhouse at an estate sale to restore for my two-year-old to use in a couple of years. I have never even seen a big dollhouse like this in person but have always liked the idea of building one for a family heirloom. If someone can help me identify what this is (from a model perspective), as well as help on how to work on the electrical that would be very helpful. I also received several large boxes of furniture, rugs etc.

For starters, what model is this, what are some basic things i should know in restoring it, & how do I connect while power to this external power connector? 

I'm a fairly competent woodworker and restore all things so I feel confident in my ability to make this really nice. 

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Photos located here: https://flickr.com/photos/28227330@N04/sets/72157670588940007

Edited by Markiemark9

Welcome, Mark. My first instinct is that this is a custom made house, not from a kit. 

Pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea and watch this video on wiring a dollhouse. It’s the best tutorial out there:

https://www.dollhousestrainsandmore.com/pages/how-to-videos

I recommend that you build a based as she mentions in the video but install the power supply connections under the base rather than on the side of the house. Keep it away from little hands. In this updated video she is recommending the following electrical kit which is also good for LED lights:

https://cr2s.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=90_91&product_id=208

• Like 1

Welcome Mark.  The house appears to have good bones as the saying goes.  On the plus side, you have plenty of time to do your thing with it.  As you will find out if you stick around, there are many quality people on here to offer tips and advice.   I’m still a bit of a rookie myself but if there is anything of value that I can add I will. Looking forward to your progress.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick and put everyone! Watching those videos provided earlier really help me understand the basics of the house electrical wiring. Thanks again for the quick tips and great resources are ready! 

Once the weather cools down for winter, I'll start working on the slow house and post pictures of my progress. 

8 hours ago, Markiemark9 said:

Thanks for the quick and put everyone! Watching those videos provided earlier really help me understand the basics of the house electrical wiring. Thanks again for the quick tips and great resources are ready! 

Once the weather cools down for winter, I'll start working on the slow house and post pictures of my progress. 

There is a bandwidth limit to the number of pictures you can post directly.  Once you have made five posts you can open albums for your pictures in the Gallery here and either copy your photos from there into your posts or else link or simply post that there are new photos nd people can go to your albums by clicking on your avatar and getting to your albums on your profile page.

• Like 1