Hi from England

Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I am the owner of Dolls House Cottage Workshop (DHCW) established in 1992 and based in England. I am a maker of twelfth scale houses, wooden mouldings and a few other bits and pieces.

The first dolls house I made was with my father and although I enjoyed the process, I did say never again. Only because we spent far too much time on it. So much for saying “never again”, here I am over 25 years later still making them.

I’m looking forward to being part of your lovely group and hope to offer some help and suggestions where possible and when time allows.

• Like 3

Chris and I have already introduced........his excellent shop and workshop is just 4 miles from my home.

He won't tell you this himself but arguably he builds one of the very best range of houses available in the UK and his attention to detail is amazing.......His face will be a rosy red by now but he deserves it!........all round nice guy and first class miniaturist!

Don't worry about the cheque Chris........i'll collect it when I'm over next!!!!!!!!!

Chris you are just down the way from my friends who live in Chesterfield. I was just talking to them the other say about coming over for a visit. I hope I can stop into hour workshop! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing your projects!

Thank you all for your warm welcome, I’m reminded the world is a small place when I read about some of you possible calling into my shop or knowing someone near me. But please don’t make a special journey, my shop is going through a transition from shop/showroom to showroom/shop. A small change in description, but a necessary one. I’m gradually reducing the stock of bought in products and increasing my own range. Just now it makes my shop look a little sparse.  

And to Mike, that’s a glowing comment regarding quality and character that I really do appreciate. But as we have discussed before, there is so much talent out there. And may I say, including yourself.

Nice to meet you Chris!  Given that I am currently working on a mid 18th Century Parisian Apothecary and living quarters and intend to do all the panelling of the living accomodation, I might be calling on you for much needed advice!!!!

• 4 weeks later...