'So long it's been good to know ya'

Excuse the title but I couldn't resist! Just a short note to let you know I'm away. Some will know that I've been living with cancer for some time......Bowel in 2011 and Bladder from 2015........As some will know from their own experiences it's an uphill and downhill journey but I'm thankful that I've been able to keep smiling through with the help of my family, this community and miniatures in general. I've been expecting a pretty big operation anytime now but on Friday last I learnt that it's not going to happen. I'll spare you the gory details but it appears I'm 'inoperable'! (At least I'll escape the hospital 'cuisine').

Sadly sitting down to loose myself in my workroom is a tad uncomfortable now so I'll have nothing new to show you here........aside from continual whining but if I am able to help anyone in a similar position I'll be glad to.

My sincere my apologies to everyone who has graciously left comments on my albums recently. I should have returned these compliments and haven't .........you know who you are!

That's it really! I'm waiting to see what's in store for me hopefully some time next week but other than that.......I'll read my books and listen to my music!

It’s been wonderful knowing and learning from you, my friend. I’ll always cheris my original MikeUK mini work tables and tools. I’ll be in Devon, England this weekend; too far from you but please  know that I’m thinking of you. Take care.

Denise

Mike, I’m sorry you are suffering from this illness. I hope you will enjoy your music and books (and minis when you can), your family, and whatever brings you joy.

I've appreciated and enjoyed looking at your work. Thank you for sharing your ideas and techniques with us here on the forum.

We will miss you, Mike.  I have loved looking at your builds. The exquisite details have always inspired me.  I'd see your pictures and think, "I want to be able to do that!"  I treasure the kind words you have left on my postings, as well as the beautiful original MikeUK painting I have hanging in my Fairfield.  I wish you strength in the days ahead, as well as the comfort of being surrounded by the people and things you love.

So sorry to hear this news Mike. We love watching you work, but of course not at the expense of your health and comfort. I do hope you pop in from time to time. Just because you can’t make minis doesn’t mean we don’t love to see you around these parts. Your commentary always has me giggling. Don’t be a stranger friend [[hugs]]

Just when Ithought I could get some much needed beauty sleep (22:05) I open the iPad!.........I’ll put the albums back on tomorrow and someone on ‘admin’ can / should fit a lock on them!

Sorry folks but I only got the news this morning so I threw all my toys out the pram..........again!

Talk tomorrow!

Thank you, dear heart.  Future forum members need gorgeousness to look at, too.  Since so many of your images have made it to Pinterest, you may as well resign yourself to leaving them up and finding some other way to express your anger at you dirty-fighting foe.  We are your cheering section!

• Like 1

I don't know what to say, Mike. I've so enjoyed seeing your work and I especially love the Spanish house. You've touched a lot of lives here and we're all so grateful for that. I'm sending hugs across the miles and please give a couple to Rosemary, too. Love ya!

Good Luck Mike and God Bless whichever you prefer, I am sending  them both.

Music is a wonderful companion and it does wonders for me. Be good to yourself and please pop in ad say hello whenever you feel you can, I think many of us  would like to share your journey a little, so you just go ahead and write what you like  I wouldn't see it as whining.and would just be happy to see your words.

XX Jeannine. 

Mike, my heart is breaking at your most recent news.  I can only offer my support and prayers for you and your bride at this time.  

Thank you for returning your albums, they are your legacy and will be treasured my all of us in the Greenleaf family.

Stay in touch and God Bless.

• Like 1

Mike,  it's taken me awhile to compose a response to this thread.  I remember when I first joined this forum after buying and the beginning constructing the Beacon Hill.  I was so timid about posting pics and being critiqued as this was my first build.  You were the first one to make a comment, and it was so generous. kind and constructive.  You have given me the confidence I needed to continue on building even if I was scared of the next step.  I feel I have become a better miniaturist and builder because of kind and wise words given to me  in those early days.

As you can read, we all love your beautiful builds  and your wonderful sense of humor.  I just hope, when you can, you can pop in and say hello.  As you can tell, everyone here respects your work and we so enjoy your company.

God bless to you, Rosemary and your family.

• Like 3

Hi Mike, 

We haven't interacted here much, if at all, but please know that even those of us who are "quiet" admire your work, your sense of humor, and your tenacity in the face of this challenge. I will be thinking of you in the weeks to come and hoping for the best for  you and your family. 

• Like 2

You will be missed dearly. A nice comment from Mike is always a proud moment on this forum. Having not faced my own mortality, it is hard to imagine how you are feeling. I wish that you would stay around us more so we could comfort you and make you laugh!  Just know that you will be deeply missed here. Blessings are wished and prayed for you and your family.

• Like 2

Mike. I have been struggling on what to say to you.   You have the most awesome ability to make us all giggle.  I truly hope that you will pop in from time to time.  Your work is amazing.  I don’t post many comments but I love love your work.  I really don’t have words but God Bless to you and Rosemary. My heart is breaking for you.