Interior walls: 3/8" thick

Jake

I'm designing my own dollhouse (patterned after the house we currently live in) for my daughters and have purchased a number of items from miniatures.com and ebay -- doors, windows, etc... 

The windows are all constructed for walls that are 1/2" thick...so I'll be constructing the exterior walls out of 1/2 baltic birch plywood.  no problem there.

But the interior doors are all designed/built for 3/8"-thick walls.  So for interior walls, I'd like to use 3/8" material.  The problem is I am having a hell of a time finding any good 3/8" thick panel material.  The only thing I can find is sheathing-grade (rough, knotty, full of gaps and gouges) plywood; I cannot find any MDF, MDO, or sanded, cabinet-grade plywood anywhere.  I'm in a big metro area, but have so far struck out. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you! 

How about 1/4" thick walls, and you can add shims to the door trim to make it fit?

Here's a blog post where I showed this on one of my houses. It's half scale, so the measurements are different than what you're doing, but the same concept. (Scroll down to the bottom of the post.) http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=8196

Also - something to consider - the windows a probably a different depth to accommodate siding. If your house is made from 3/8" wood plus siding, the windows will fit exactly. If you use 1/2" wood and then add siding, the exterior walls will be deeper than the windows. You can modify the interior window trim to deal with this, too, just pointing it out in case you hadn't considered it. For that matter, you could also use the 1/2" wood for your interior walls and modify the door trim. You'd need to add a shim to the inner edge of the trim to force it out from the wall slightly.