I bought a Lily and a Westville!

asherah

I don't know what i'm going to do with them yet but I'm excited! I'm really close to finishing my alexandria. I just ordered some furniture for her =) Once I replace the wallpaper the chinchilla chewed lol. She's cute so I forgive her =p I hate doing siding so I'm not sure I'm going to do it. Has anyone done these houses without siding? 

Thanks ! 

amanda

• Like 2

I am pretty sure I have seen them without siding.....google images of each one to see what pics you get or you can search them on pinterest to get even more ideas.  Once you start to build them, you might be able to envision where exactly you want to take them.  I just ordered 2 small kits from Greenleaf.  I am pretty sure I have a problem, lol.  I ordered the camper trailor and the Halloween spooky house kit.....which I will be turning into something else.  Gosh, dollhouses are just like potato chips.....you can't just have one or two....not even three or four. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. :) 

• Like 1

Awesome I will definitely look up some pictures for them and see what I can find. =)  I love some pictures I've seen here but they have siding.. I wish I didn't hate doing it but I find it so tedious lol

28 minutes ago, asherah said:

omg ! Look what I found! https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f1/6c/0c/f16c0cf08da202e9c4daa97c4e883f9c.jpg

How do you think this is done ??

My best guess is a thin coat of Spackle/Polyfilla or joint compound that was tapped gently with a damp sponge to raise a bit of texture.

10 hours ago, asherah said:

Awesome I will definitely look up some pictures for them and see what I can find. =)  I love some pictures I've seen here but they have siding.. I wish I didn't hate doing it but I find it so tedious lol

What about vertical slats?  Not sure the correct name for it......I saw on pinterest a few done with vertical strips. Really looked rustic but nice at the same time. I will try to find a pic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I thought clapboard siding was what you didn't want.

I think she wants to avoid the one-piece-at-a-time application of siding. The picture appears to be of a panel. Much faster application.

I have been putting off siding my Beacon Hill. Have now just about decided to do a faux stucco finish with egg carton quoins. This house sure takes its own sweet time letting me know what it wants!

• Like 1