Incomplete Dura Craft Bayberry Cottage BY 197

B&L Dollhouse

Hello. We found a Dura Craft Bayberry Cottage (BY 197) dollhouse at a yard sale and was told it was complete.  The box had been open but it looked full.  Instead of doing the smart thing, and verifying the contents, we tore into the project and began assembly.  We made it to page 4 and realized there are missing pieces.  After a more careful examination, we realized there are more pieces missing then just two.  From my search, it appears Dura Craft is no longer in business so finding replacement parts will be challenging.  If anyone has this dollhouse and needs replacement pieces, we would love to help with your needs.  We would rather help someone complete their projects than just throw this in the trash.  If you are interested in this project, just contact us and we can work out shipping.  We hope this will help someone complete their dollhouse.

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a way to make the pieces from balsa wood or craft wood.  I have had to do that in the past and yes, it is hard but you would need the diagram sheet of the parts then you have build to the point of the missing part  to measure and measure again.  So sorry to hear you are missing pieces. This is such a great hobby.  That would be frustrating. Very nice of you to offer to someone else.   

• 4 weeks later...

Bill, there is actually a seller on eBay their seller name is Austinnoggles or something along those lines and they offer a number of replacement Dura Craft parts, if they don't already offer what you need they're typically really good at making pieces to help you out.

• 5 years later...