DIY Wainscotting and Panels

Hi all.....I'm bored without a build to build so I thought you might like some semi-tutorials! Not that I can teach you much but I might get some worthwhile tips from your answers so here goes!

Wainscotting and Wall panels seem to be currently popular so here is how I do mine.

Materials :- 1.5mm. Mount Card (Matt Board) and PVA Woodworkers Glue.

Tools :- Scalpel by Swann Morton (10a size), Mount Board Cutter.......brilliant little tool for 45% angle cuts

Pic 1 - Wainscotting

Pic 2 - Wall Panels

Pic 3 - Panelling for furniture

Wains1-1.jpg

Wains2-1.jpg

Panel3-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mini maniac said:

Wow!!!!  Thank you do much for sharing this.  I plan on doing more panels in the future so this is great.  

I'll dig up some examples of panels with chamfered edges.........and a decent mount board cutter doesn't break the bank!

2 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

I'll dig up some examples of panels with chamfered edges.........and a decent mount board cutter doesn't break the bank!

OOoOopOopsOops...haOOoOopOopsOops...havOOoOopOopsOops...haviOOoOopOopsOops...havinOOoOopOopsOops...havingOOoOopOopsOops...having iisississuissueissues

2 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

I'll dig up some examples of panels with chamfered edges.........and a decent mount board cutter doesn't break the 

21 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Wow is right.  Thank you so much for sharing.  Could you give us the make and model number of the mount board cutter you use?  I am thinking I need to invest in one of these for better angle cuts.

12 minutes ago, Mini maniac said:

Wow, not sure what happened there???  Sorry......anyway,  That would be great MikeUk.

Mount cutter.?? ....not sure if I have one or not.  I think hubs has one.  I will steal it.  

Logan.......made in the USA........cost around £45 over here and with every penny..........the other pics are items made with this great tool.

Logan1.jpg

Logan2.jpg

Bed-1.jpg

Desk-1.jpg

Kitchen-1.jpg

Desk-1.jpg

Utterly wonderful and fantastic!  Exactly what I needed, when I needed it!  Thank you so much Mike!  I found one of these cutters on Ebay new and have managed to buy it with shipping for NZ$48 instead of the NZ$70 that a local online shop has them for.  YAY!  Of course it'll take a week or so to get here but that's fine.  Now, to go back and oogle those photos again....  :D 

Oh, thank you! I was thinking of doing wainscotting panels with mat board, and I have a mat cutter I picked up at a garage sale and never really used. I didn't know it could cut at an angle! Or I hope this one can, I'll have to look and see. Good inspiration!