Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Acquired 2 Magnolia Dollhouse Kits

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! I recently acquired not 1, but 2, Magnolia Dollhouse kits from Corona Concepts. My parents found the boxes tucked in the back of a closet when they moved into a new apartment. When they pulled the boxes out and realized what they were, I got really excited, because I love building dollhouses, and the Magnolia was one that I always toyed with buying. It was like Christmas in July! However, it looks like I’m missing pieces, that I will either need to build myself or reorder. I already know that I’m missing 24 of the 32 window sashes that I need. Let the building challenge begin! 

I'm puzzled as to why, out of TWO Magnolia kits, there aren't enough bits & pieces to build ONE complete dollhouse.  It makes me wonder what the previous owners did with the kits.  Window frames are easily cobbled from strip wood, craft sticks or scrap wood.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Do You Believe in Siding After a Build?
      By third_hand
      Hi everyone! I've had a long quiet period on here, but I've been steadily working away and going to shows/shops (I was at Good Sam in San Jose and was fortunate to visit Dollhouses, Trains, and More in Novato, CA for their closing sale). I will, finally, post a batch of haul and progress photos in the first week of November, when I get settled back into my home in Eugene. I really am terrible with a camera and it bugs everyone I know! In the meantime, I have a question: 
      Has anyone ever tried adding siding after their build's exterior was complete? Still being a novice, when I finished my first build (the Orchid; the interior is still a work-in-progress) I stepped back and thought 'I think I should have done siding.' Especially with the shingles on, the level of detail on the exterior just varies too much; it's been irritating me for a couple of months now. I'm a bit of a stickler it seems (though I didn't know it at the time)! My window/door casings, dormers, gingerbread, and my custom porch/railings are all already in place. I realize it may be very difficult, but the question is: is it even possible? If so, do you have any tips on how to do this?
      Any and all possible mini wisdom is welcome!  
      P.S. I have the opportunity to snag a very affordable Laurel kit secondhand so I'm trying to decide where I should just start the next building with siding and call it 'lesson learned' or go back and add to the Orchid (and stash the Laurel until after the New Year, space is a very important consideration here). P.S. P.S.: I'm not a Cher fan, but I took a page out of Elizabeth's book (Studio E miniatures) since I'm always charmed by her ability to make musical jokes in her posts/titles!
    • Window Parts
      By PapaJKK
      All the window parts. After sanding, filling, sanding, and more sanding, painting, sanding, painting and sealing, the windows are ready for assembly. I chose to glue the top frame in and only the bottom frame opens. This helped make a rigid window frame that can be handled without falling apart. Notice the gluing jig I made for assembly. 
    • Assembled windows.
      By PapaJKK
      15 windows, 11 pieces per window, 161 total pieces. Nice to have that bit finished. 
    • Hurstwood Cottage Kitbash
      By worldofcrazies
      Hi,
      I've introduced myself in the newcomers forum.
      I received my Hurstwood Cottage kit from Bromley yesterday and I've already started on it.
      Here's an album of me unpacking it: https//imgur.com/a/1ITiW6m

This is an intro post basically. This is my first dollhouse build so I thought I'd go for a small one and my plan for this also includes doing three different types of exterior finish; brick, panelling and render.

I'm going to turn this into a nice modern home.
    • Willow Dollhouse Kit
      By Small Passions
      Could someone tell me what the ceiiling height of the the Willow Dollhouse is?  Thinking of purchasing and wonder if I would be able to replace the doors and windows with standard dollhouse (non-Greenleaf) elements.
      Thanks!!!!