Greetings From the Great White North!

Deborah C

Hi folks, I’m Deborah and I live in northern British Columbia. I completed one dollhouse with my mum (Dura-Craft Newburg) many years ago. My current plan, but we know how those can change, is to do a Greenleaf Westville set vaguely in the 1930s-1940s. After that I’m thinking of doing a Beacon Hill (anyone else watch Teen Wolf?). Although I also want to do a Glencroft and a log cabin (based on Laura Ingalls little houses, that’s blamed on a, uh, thanks to a member here although I cant remember who it was).

So little time, so many little houses!

• Like 1

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Holly, thank you for the book recommendation, I’ve added it to my wish list as well as her other books. They all look really helpful.

As for the Westville, I’ve done some research on it (I love researching stuff).   Greenleaf’s claim about it being a catalogue house isn’t true. The original house was built in the 1860s or so, long before catalogue houses were available (1900 or so). I have a few photos of it, posted on Pinterest, that we’re taken in the 1950s, including a couple interior photos. I was so stoked to find those! I don’t know if sharing links to Pinterest is okay here or not, so if anyone wants to see let me know.

57 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Deborah. :wave:

I have a Westville waiting to be built. I like your idea of building it in the 30's or 40's. There is no problem in sharing links. Like Holly said Jane Harrop also has furniture kits.

Thanks for the kit info. She has one of the stove I want which would be less expensive than the metal pre-made one I’m looking at. Decisions, decisions...

9 hours ago, Deborah C said:

Thanks for the kit info. She has one of the stove I want which would be less expensive than the metal pre-made one I’m looking at. Decisions, decisions...

Another auther of mini-making books I collect is Patricia King.  I made this stove for the Westville kitchen I built (it was sold before I ever took the box out of the trunk of my car!) from her book Dolls' House Fireplaces and Stoves.

• Like 1