Cats and Dollhouses

WC

What is it with cats and dollhouses ?  My two just love crawling inside and peering through the windows and doors.  It looks like a really bad science fiction film "Cats Take Over the World". This afternoon I had the Beacon Hill that I'm rehabbing on its back while I reglued a bit of foundation.  Youngest cat climbs up on the house and puts her foot through a window.  Nothing broken, but now I have to reglue the window back into the opening.  On a happier note, I already bought a rug for the downstairs hall and two battery powered lamps because I just couldn't wait to see how it looked with lamps in the windows (even though I haven't done any interior decorating).

Edited by WC
  • Like 3

One of the reasons it’s taken me over two decades to get back into building dollhouses is the lack of a space I can close off from the cats (I had four and I’m now down to two due to deaths in the last couple years). I also am in the midst of a long distance move that will end with me having a craft/computer room. Yay!

PS: that’s an awesome photo, Carrie!

• Like 2

Great photo Carrie! Cats love dollhouses. (I often show pictures on my blog of my naughty cats and their love of dollhouses.)

Unfortunately, my beasts tend to love chewing on the edges of windows or delicate trim, so most of my houses live in the basement and other rooms where the cats are banned!

• Like 1