Hello from Orlando, FL

Hello, everyone! My name is Erika and I'm a miniaturist living in Orlando, FL. I've been making miniatures for about two years now (I specialize in food and home/holiday decor), but I just acquired my first dollhouse (a fixer upper) and thought this would be the perfect place to learn and share throughout the process of rehabbing it.

When I'm able to post photos, I may need the benefit of your collective wisdom to help me identify the house. I purchased it off Facebook marketplace from someone who didn't really know anything about it. Based on the instructions and printed materials that came with it, I'm estimating that it's from the 1970s. It appears to be a Real Good Toys model called Fox Hollow, but my research on that name didn't turn up much of anything useful.

Anyhow, it needs quite a bit of work, but I'm really excited about the prospect. I'm planning to start my renovations on the exterior before moving inside. It needs repainting - especially the porch, which is blue and not really the look I'm going for - and the clapboard siding is warped in several places, so I'm not sure if I'm going to replace it all or just try to fix the sections that are damaged.

I've been reading quite a bit here in the forums over the past week or so and am looking forward to learning more from all of you!

Best,

Erika

• Like 1

Hi Sable! Yep, I already checked that out and it's not it. It seems to be part of something called the #1700 Deluxe Series, which included other models called Greenacres, Deer Run Farm, The Bretton Manor and Patricia Wegman House. I couldn't find any of those either, though, in searching.

The reason I think it's Real Good Toys, though, is because on the back of the parts list that has all those models, it talks about the New Concept Pre-Cut Finishing Kit from Real Good Toys.

Of Real Good Toys' current line, it kind of looks like a cross between Victoria's Farmhouse and North Park Mansion - those are the closest I've found. :)