Hello! From Milwaukee, WI!

MetalMom6

Hi Kathleen,   which dollhouse are you making?  Welcome to the forum - we try to have fun here and there's lots of information and knowledge people around here - take what you need and leave the rest if it doesn't apply.

What Carrie said above are great tips!

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Kathleen.  It's easier to answer specific questions if we have some basic information, like, if you are building a dollhouse, is it a kit (and which one) or from scratch?  Or is it a rehab?

Hi Laura! Welcome to the GL Forums!  you'll find that everyone here will never stop you from adding to your dollhouse collection!  I really like the Magnolia, it's a pretty house.  

You'll want to read the directions and gather your supplies and make sure you dry fit everything (in case you don't know what drift is - it basically means you test the parts fitting together the way they should before you glue them)  We use a lot of masking and painters tape around here!

Ask questions and be patient, you'll wind up with a great house!

• Like 1

oh then you're in great company! I always wanted to build one too!!!!! I started a build back when I was 25 and quite frankly couldn't afford to continue.....then at 53 I got my Duracraft San Franciscan and I'll be 55 next month! I'm still building her but I had a crazy life and there have been times that months had passed and I wasn't able to work on her...but now I'm living a less insane busy life and I see the light at the end of the tunnel!  So dont think it's too late, because it isn't!  You'll meet some great people here and some have become friends that we actually get to meet in real life!  Make sure you go over to the Welcome New Members and introduce yourself over there....whereabouts do you live? Are you in WI? also

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Laura.  I began building when I was 50; I started Nursing School at the same time, and my first house was a Dura-Craft San Franciscan, the SF555.  There is a building blog for the Magnolia here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=view&id=59  Dean had asked me to build it as it comes from the kit, without any decoration or "finishing", so I called it "bare nekkid Maggie".  I used poster putty to attach the windows, doors and roof for the final photos for my part of that blog, so I could go back and complete the decorating part of the build without having to risk destroying it.

Here is my album showing how I did decorate it after the build:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=view&id=59

• Like 1

Hi Kathleen and Laura! Welcome to our great mini-family. This is by far the best place to find all kinds of information and help to make the must of our hobby. Kathleen, I live in Oak Creek and are available to meet in case that you want to check out what I have done and my present projects. :wave:

• Like 1