My First Dollhouse - ID?

Hi all! I have recently acquired my first dollhouse, which is also going to be a fairly involved renovation. I'm almost certain the maker is Real Good Toys, but I can't find anything about it online. According to the parts list that came with it when I bought it, it's called Fox Hollow. Anyone know if that's right, or anything more about it? Thanks!

front-exterior.jpg

parts-list.jpg

side-exterior.jpg

Edited by petiteprovisionsco
adding tag

Real Good Toys made a number of variations on their basic dollhouses and each variation would have its own name. It might be called one name, then another name with a porch added on to it, and another name with a porch and an addition, and yet another name with the addition of dormers. At one time you used to be able to buy the houses with any combination and for those who don't remember, some of those combinations came with the tower to the side instead of in the middle.

I'd have to look up which version is which, but I'm pretty sure you have the house known as Foxhollow. :D That's actually a pretty nice house. You get the porch, the dormers, and the additions. Today people have to buy the addition separately and I think they have to buy their dormers separately, too, and cut their own dormer openings.

Once you're done working on that house, it's going to be beautiful.

You're welcome! It's in my Miniatures Catalog 8th Edition dated 1985 and in my 6th addition catalog dated 1983, but the house could have been made several years earlier or later. It's also definitely the Fox Hollow.

If it had the porch but not the addition or the dormers, it was (is) known as Green Acres. With the porch and dormers only, it would have been known as the Patricia Wegman House. With the porch, the dormers, and the addition on the other side, it was called Deer Run Farm. Without the extra room in front, but having a front porch and two dormers, it was called the Walton House. Without the extra room in front, but having a wraparound porch in front and to the left and an addition on the right side, it was called the Brookfield.

I think Real Good Toys had fun with their houses.

Erika, I was going to say, you might want to take your last name off where it asks for your real name. This is a very safe forum, but we do get spammers every now and again and you don't want anyone to be able to target you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

Oh, that's fantastic information, Kelly! Thank you so much! Based on some of the other materials that came with it, I'm kind of thinking maybe it's from the late 70s, but at the very least, I now know it was being made in the early 80s. It's a little fun to think that it's probably older than I am! :) 

9 hours ago, petiteprovisionsco said:

Oh, that's fantastic information, Kelly! Thank you so much! Based on some of the other materials that came with it, I'm kind of thinking maybe it's from the late 70s, but at the very least, I now know it was being made in the early 80s. It's a little fun to think that it's probably older than I am! :) 

Ouch! I was almost 30 during the 80s. LMAO Seriously, it's wonderful when younger people get into this hobby. We need to have you carry on the love (and frustration - who knew it took so much time to wallpaper a mini-room?) of miniatures.

You're very welcome!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Ouch! I was almost 30 during the 80s. LMAO Seriously, it's wonderful when younger people get into this hobby. We need to have you carry on the love (and frustration - who knew it took so much time to wallpaper a mini-room?) of miniatures.

You're very welcome!

LOL, that's too funny! No offense intended, honest! :) 

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

You're very welcome!

LOL, that's too funny! No offense intended, honest! :) 

I know you didn't mean any offense. I'm an old fart and there's nothing anyone can do about it. But it's sort of funny. I was on Youtube arguing with someone in the comments and I had to stop myself and think, "What am I doing here arguing with a 12 year old? It's undignified." :roflmao:

And these are pre-teen PETA wannabes who have never even sat on a horse but know everything about them (cue rolling eyes here) and are convinced that bits are cruel and people shouldn't do anything with horses except let them run free in the wild and there's no telling them different.

I sure hope I haven't just insulted anyone here.

OK, I'm back watching my horse shows with the terrible bits, so I'll see everyone in a couple days! Have a great weekend!

• 1 month later...