Garden- what features to add for 'miniature' theme?

Luanne

Hi guys,

Inspired by the  show Love Your Garden on Youtube,  I am just dreaming away about my 'one day' cottage garden. 

If you were to have a miniaturist's theme garden, besides fairy houses/ fairy gardens in the planters,  

What would be fun to add to the garden?   There are a few curves so I thought maybe a circle theme might fit. 

Tonight's show was an artist's garden and they have a similar outdoor easel added with a planter attached. It was very cute.

https://empressofdirt.net/garden-art-easels/

That’s clever and whimsical. I usually go to Pinterest and google for inspiration. For the Hermitage I’m looking at hedges, a water garden, lots of birdhouses and maybe a gazing ball or other whimsical garden things. 

If i were creating just a garden though, I’d do one with the stone patterns in the walkways. There are some beautiful ones on Pinterest, and there are also the whimsical ones of giant footprints made up of stones. But if it were specifically a garden build, I’d start with the path :ohyeah:

In my (very small) garden for the Storybook Cottage bash, I made several planters built into the fences and landscape base, and a couple out of Yankee Candle packaging. My theme is Teas and Bees, so I am making plants and flowers that make good tea blends and that bees like. Because of the small base that the project has to live on, I am utilizing containers, so will have a Camellia tree in a planter and two rose trees, one on each side, growing over the arbor. It's fun to have a focus, and to challenge myself with making plants and flowers look as close as possible to their real life inspirations!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, My Miniature Madness said:

In my (very small) garden for the Storybook Cottage bash, I made several planters built into the fences and landscape base, and a couple out of Yankee Candle packaging. My theme is Teas and Bees, so I am making plants and flowers that make good tea blends and that bees like. Because of the small base that the project has to live on, I am utilizing containers, so will have a Camellia tree in a planter and two rose trees, one on each side, growing over the arbor. It's fun to have a focus, and to challenge myself with making plants and flowers look as close as possible to their real life inspirations!

Jodi, I was just yesterday enjoying browsing your blog and looking at what you’re doing! Looking good!

• Like 1

Thank you for the great ideas guys. 

Sable, your firepit turns out so cute! 

Jodi- Wow, I wish I have skills like yours.  I had fun checking our your blog and especially the Storybook. 

Debora, You are always the first to respond to my questions.  I am so grateful. 

L. 

23 hours ago, Luanne said:

Thank you for the great ideas guys. 

Sable, your firepit turns out so cute! 

Jodi- Wow, I wish I have skills like yours.  I had fun checking our your blog and especially the Storybook. 

Debora, You are always the first to respond to my questions.  I am so grateful. 

L. 

You're funny, Luanne! You have amazing skills and are wonderfully creative! I'm glad you stopped by to visit and like the cottage!