Is everything okay at Bespaq?

IndyCindy

• 3 weeks later...

Debbie Heard bought Bespaq's remaining inventory and has trademarked the name. I talked to her today at a show. She said she has a storage locker full of inventory that she'll be selling on her website and eBay. She doesn't have plans right now to produce anything new, she's going to sell through the old stuff first.

I asked about half scale and she said she'd already bought most of their half scale inventory and has been selling through it, so the "new" stuff (which is more like "new old" stuff) will presumably be mostly 1:12.

Her website is https://estatedollhouseminiatures.com/ and she sells on eBay as fjdebbie. I got the impression she's barely started to list everything she has, so we should keep an eye out for the website to be updated.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fov said:

Debbie Heard bought Bespaq's remaining inventory and has trademarked the name. I talked to her today at a show. She said she has a storage locker full of inventory that she'll be selling on her website and eBay. She doesn't have plans right now to produce anything new, she's going to sell through the old stuff first.

I asked about half scale and she said she'd already bought most of their half scale inventory and has been selling through it, so the "new" stuff (which is more like "new old" stuff) will presumably be mostly 1:12.

Her website is https://estatedollhouseminiatures.com/ and she sells on eBay as fjdebbie. I got the impression she's barely started to list everything she has, so we should keep an eye out for the website to be updated.

So she is actually going to make new stuff? Sounds like it will be some time before we see anything new.

She didn't say that she was going to, just that she'd trademarked the name, so she theoretically could. Selling the existing inventory seems to be the priority right now.

(Debbie buys estates... it seems like she's treating the Bespaq inventory the same way she would estate items.)

Oh, I have been buying stuff from Debbie for the past few weeks on ebay.  She has really good prices and she ships really fast.  I have been following her store for years and was wondering where she was getting so much Bespaq from.  So glad you were able to find out more about the fate of the Bespaq company.  As everyone else has says, I love their furniture and have furnished two of my houses almost entirely with it.  Such good news!

• 2 weeks later...

I buy from Debbie on eBay too. She’s one of my “saved sellers” :D I didn’t know she had a website. I will have to check it out. I hope she does continue to make items and doesn’t just sell the old inventory and close it out. 

3 hours ago, Samusa said:

I buy from Debbie on eBay too. She’s one of my “saved sellers” :D I didn’t know she had a website. I will have to check it out. I hope she does continue to make items and doesn’t just sell the old inventory and close it out. 

It doesn’t sound hopeful to me, but why trademark the name if you don’t intend using it? I really hope so.

Someone who used to be in the manufacturing and wholesale side of the miniatures trade told us one of the reasons he was going out of business was that the Chinese required a minimum $15,000 order, and he just couldn't come up with enough money to continue placing orders. When the founder of Bespaq died his heir just wasn't all that interested in the miniatures biz. A bit of trivia - Pit Ginsburg, the founder of Bespaq played a toothless drunk in the movie Lust in the Dust starring Divine, Tab Hunter & Laine Kazan.

On 11/3/2018, 6:49:38, fov said:

I have bought from fjdebbie before on ebay, and am very sad to hear that Bespaq is going out of business, thankfully I have bought quite a bit.   Its sad when the heirs just are not interested in continuing something loved and cherished anymore.  I can imagine what a demand they will have now, it will be like Black Friday every time a Bespaq item comes for bidding on ebay, but they are also many private sellers that sell Bespaq too.  I am feeling a little wistful now....

It looks like there are many Greenleaf buyers of Debbie's great buys. I personally like it when the seller post the price as buy it now.  I can decide if I want to pay that price or move on.  But, she definitely has some of the most reasonable prices on her pieces.

I must say that @grazhina also has some great prices on her listings.  I buy a lot from her too.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

What seller name does Grazhina sell under? I'm sure I knew it once, but you know, getting old and all... LOL

I just sold my last piece of Bespaq. I sell as newenglandminiatures on ebay, but don't have a lot of stock left to sell. I've been listing unsold merchandise from my old web store.

That's OK, I'm not really looking for Bespaq. I think the furniture is too shiny and plastic looking and too fancy for what I like. But I will look you up on eBay! Thank you! I should have known it was New England Miniatures - I just bought a bathroom set from you. Sheesh! Sometimes I worry about myself.