Abura House

Keifer

As the title suggests I’ve decided to name my build Abura house.  Two reasons for this, 1) the original artist references this on his flicker acct.  2) I didn’t feel right naming a house that I can’t claim as my own. 

As far as the term abura, here is an explanation

2812B690-B2E3-4A11-AA87-13680FD0646C.thu 

Now for a bit of fun.  I wanted to put together a short video of my project to share wirh my mom, who is my biggest cheerleader, but lives far away.  Having no film knowledge I wasn’t very optimistic.  With aging I find that technology and me don’t have the exuberant relationship we once had, more times than not its quite frustrating.  However every once in a while it surprises me and just a few days ago I discovered an app called imovie.  This thing is practically idiot proof. It is free (bonus) but not as many options as a paid app I imagine.  So without further adu I give you “Abura House”

• Like 5

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Keith, you have excelled at both mini house building and movie making!

Thank you Holly but I really can’t take credit for the movie...its all the app. 

16 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Encore! Encore!:clap:

Thank you. Thank you.  I hope my next project is just as worthy. 

14 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Omg, that was superb.  You should see if an miniature magazine would be interested in publishing it.  You deserve recognition for your meticulous and ingenious work.  Well, done, Keith.  By the way, I imagine your mom is so proud!

Thank you.  From what I see on the forum here, all the magazines are going out of business.  And yes my momma says I’m special :)

14 hours ago, Sable said:

I had to freeze the movie to get the whole picture. I hadn’t realized that they are not stacked. Ingenious way to display the entire project. So mind blown right now.

You know I had realized until towards the end that I did not give the “big picture” glimpse into my project.  I’ll have to work on that for the next one.  As far as being mnd blown, you are making me blush.  Thank you so much. 

13 hours ago, Dalesq said:

That was the best trailer ever! Can’t wait for the full feature film!!! loved it! :D 

Glad you enjoyed it.  Sorry no feature film though. 

12 hours ago, NellBell said:

Great job and the movie is perfect. 

Thanks Nell

10 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

that was adorable. Go iMovie!

The app really is very user friendly.  You pick a theme.  They give you an outline with boxes where the pictures go, you click on a box, pick a photo from your library and bam!  You got a movie. I encourage everyone to try it. 

8 hours ago, SewMini said:

Love it! Your house really is superb. You should be so proud. I hope a mini magazine catches wind of it!

Thank you.  I’m relieved its done. 

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Yes, Keith. Abura House is a marvelous beginning. What's your next project?

What’s next....well I have been working on some concepts in my head and a bit on paper.  My next project is certainly no less ambitious, although I did scale it back from a previous idea I had.  Sink or swim though, I will be able to call this one my own as it will be an original design.   This one will still be on the modern side but a bit more contemporary in style.  Layout will also be more traditional.  I want to do a mock up of the structure on sketchup(3D design software).  We’ll see how that goes. 

I am excited about my next project but not enough to jump in right away.  I don’t want to force the process.   So I’m just waiting for the creative juices to kick in. 

24 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I don’t want to force the process.   So I’m just waiting for the creative juices to kick in. 

I appreciate your process. I think most of us have discovered that we create unnecessary challenges if we try to force the process. This is a main component of waiting for the house to let you know what it wants. :) 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018, 2:54:56, Samusa said:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Bravo Bravo... wonderful trailer! I’m waiting patiently for the full length movie. What a great app. Off to download:ohyeah:

Thanks Sam, sorry no full length movie but I will be adding 3 or 4 pics to my album just to finish it off. 

It really is a cool app

18 hours ago, miniaddicted said:

Love this! Both the house and the fillmmaking. Sound effects rise to a crescendo!

Thank you.  The app adds the audio as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018, 9:38:37, Keifer said:

This one will still be on the modern side but a bit more contemporary in style.  Layout will also be more traditional.  I want to do a mock up of the structure on sketchup(3D design software).  We’ll see how that goes. 

Really looking forward to it.  Love the movie you did on Abura house.

• Like 1