Wallpaper Problems

KouweDollhouse

I decided to go with "wallpaper mucilage" to apply the wallpaper. It looked fine on the wall at first. Then after about 6hrs it is all wavy and bubbly. So Im trying to find out what I did wrong and if there is a way to fix it or if I need to just buy more paper and tear that attempt out. Does anyone have any advice to offer? Maybe I put too much paste on ?!

IMG_20181009_081021.jpg

IMG_20181009_080944.jpg

IMG_20181009_080936.jpg

IMG_20181009_080921.jpg

It may need to dry more. Are you in a humid place or in the midst of rain? I googled this for you :

Don't Panic If You See Bubbles

When installing your paper, air will most likely get trapped in between -- this is typical, and it should go away as the wallpaper settles and the adhesive dries. If it doesn't, just puncture the bubble with a small pin and gently flatten out the paper with the wallpaper sweep.

P.S. It is beautiful paper, and the room is gorgeous

• Like 1

I don’t use that stuff for that very reason. Never had good results with it either. I get a good thin even coat of tacky glue on the wall then smooth the paper over. I usually work on a wall or half a wall at a time. Hope you can fix it.

I also use tacky glue because I had similar problems with the paste.  There are usually bubbles initially but then they go away when it dries. The key is not to try and push down the bumps because you'll get creased.   Instead let them flatten on their own.

I've always used Elmer's white glue, smeared evenly on the paper with a sponge, then I rub the paper onto the wall (and bubbles out) with a clean dry t-shirt scrap. Have to not put too much glue, and have to move pretty decisively, but it's worked pretty well for me over the years.