Fairfield Wallpaper (I know)

LeFemmeFatale

Okay guys. So, I've read hundreds of posts about this, but I'm still a bit confused as to when/how exactly to wallpaper this thing. Yes, I know it's personal preference, but most people seem to agree that because of the size and complexity of the Fairfield, that it's easier to wallpaper the walls before assembly. However, when you do this, doesn't it look strange in the corners where the walls meet since the paper won't be wrapped across the corner? And then won't the bay windows look strange as well because the edges won't be connected? 

Also, if you wallpaper before assembly, how do you glue it together without messing up the paper? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm just so confused. 

*Side note: does anyone out there have an actual video of how they wallpapered the Fairfield? I've seen lots of videos on how to wallpaper other houses, but no one on YouTube seems to have documented the Fairfield process, just the finished product. 

Thank you all! <3

I don't wallpaper the bays, I paint them a coordinating color because there's so little to cover.  I built the exterior shell and chimney wall and primed the walls and papered or painted the first floor walls, the I installed the second floor and papered or painted those walls.

• Like 1

Hello Rachel, not sure this helps, but I have started to use matboard instead of wallpapering directly on the walls. I cut the templates, wallpaper them and use contact cement to glue the matboards to the walls. In the corners I use trim - either painted or if you just use square dowels - wallpaper them too. I live in an area with really high humidity and have not had any warping or other issues. 

• Like 1

Some people leave a little excess paper and wrap it around the corners after assembly. I would put the paper on the side walls with a little extra to wrap later. Then once the house is assembled I’d put the paper on the rear wall to hide the wrap around. 

• Like 2