Pierce dollhouse door missing

Tnitemare

Hi, I've just recently purchased a used Pierce dollhouse, and the front door is missing. This is my first dollhouse, so I've no experience on how to get the replacement for it. I'm pretty handy and know how to diy, but I want the house to look good.  There are other broken parts that I can fix myself, but the front door has to be either original or a nice one that fits (hopefully won't cost too much). 

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Marlene

Hi, Marlene.  I reported your duplicate post.

Before my  partially-rehabbed Pierce was destroyed in our move I made all new doors and windows for it, and for the front door instead of the double doors that came with the kit I designed a dingle door with "stained glass" sidelights.  I had to take the one I had all apart because it had been built with hot glue, so it made changes uber easy.  I traced the door opening onto a sheet of paper (1/4" grid paper works great for this) and marked off what I wanted for the door in the center and the rest for sidelights.  I then cut pieces of 1/4" x 1/8" strip wood to fit inside the areas I had marked for sidelights and glued them together to make four frames.  I cut two pieces of clear acetate packaging slightly smaller than the frames and painted the picture I'd found & reversed onto them.  I painted the frames the color I was going to paint my front door and sandwiched the acetate panels between them (I also sandwiched three strips of chamois between the frames of the sidelight I wanted to hinge the front door to; nowadays I'd pinhinge the door).

For the front door I cut two pieces of 1/8" thick basswood to fit the dimensions of the front door and I cut out an oval in the upper half to install a "stained glass" insert, which was coordinated to go with the design in the sidelights.  I also cut more stripwood to make frames and I cut panels to fit in the lower half of the door and I painted each half of the door the colors to go with the sidelight frames.  I glued the transparency to the inside of one door half's oval frame and when I sandwiched the other door half over it I also glued the door halves over the strips of chamois.  Tyvek or twill tape will also work for hinging doors.

Measuring the opening and buying a pre- hung door would probably be the easiest fix. The thickness of the walls verses the door is not the same but it can easily be disguised.

Have you checked out any online dollhouse stores or eBay to see the variety available?

• Like 1