Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mini show in Elk Grove, IL

18 posts in this topic

Chicago peeps...

The Wee ‘c’ miniature club is putting on their 44th annual show on Nov 9 & 10th.  Its at the Holiday Inn in Elk Grove Village.  Seems like a smaller show but I thought I would check it out since its only about 35 min from me.  Anyone else?

I always find something fun at this show, and it's worth the drive.  I usually head there opening night.

I just saw this, and I'm in the middle of building my first houses.  I'll definitely take my daughters.  Thanks! 

Edited by Marshall

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

I just saw this, and I'm in the middle of building my first houses.  I'll definitely take my daughters.  Thanks! 

If you and your wife don't share a frugal gene, I'd not take her, and I'd swear the girls to secrecy about what stuff costs. :D 

1 person likes this

Our show in Boca Raton has Make and Take activities. If this show has something similar, see what the girls would want as a Christmas or Birthday present then send them off to work on an activity and while they are busy, secretly purchase their favorites and hide them in the car.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

If you and your wife don't share a frugal gene, I'd not take her, and I'd swear the girls to secrecy about what stuff costs. :D 

I never thought of that!  This could be interesting... 

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

I never thought of that!  This could be interesting... 

When friend ogle my own miniatures and are in awe of the detailed furniture, accessories, etc., I tell them that it is possible to find in miniature anything that can be found in real life -- and it's only slightly more expensive. :D This is why so many of us at least attempt to create the items that go into our houses.

1 person likes this

When you shop at Ron's Miniatures in Orlando they hand you a very little basket to put your items in.  My husband remarked on how much money it could take to fill one of those little baskets; I can go into three figures just buying kits and supplies; the last time I was there when I was building the Fairfields, so everything was for 1:24!

1 person likes this

I have a 3D printer, so my brain has been overloading on experiments to try. 

This could easily become dangerous. Lol. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

I have a 3D printer, so my brain has been overloading on experiments to try. 

This could easily become dangerous. Lol. 

You may have to teach me some weekend as it appears we are neighbors of sorts. 

Great finds, Brae! That Mercantile kit is interesting, I've never seen it before. For $30, how could you not buy it?!

1 person likes this

No worries!  I get so focused, I am often startled when people who do know me speak to me at mini shows.  hahaha

So jelly of all these mini shows the Chicago peeps get.. Great finds Brae.. I hope you found some good stuff too Keith!

1 person likes this

I went there mostly just to look and to pick Carl’s (CR2’s) brain about electrical stuff. 

1 person likes this

And did you successfully pick his brain? :D