• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Half Scale Furniture Kits - who makes your favorites?
      By Call Me Crazy
      So, half-scale furniture.  What's out there for purchase is getting limited as manufacturers close down or discontinue production.  What I see for sale is overly ornate, not the style I want, or too niche.  I could be wrong, but I think most of us are building houses, not shops or dentist offices.
      Some of you have the skill to make your own furniture.  I built a passable corner cabinet, but my crafting skills aren't that great and I have very limited tools.
      That brings me to kits.  I've made a few by Cassidy Creations that have come out great, but too often those kits have missing pieces, pieces the wrong size, and confusing/wrong instructions.
      There are some great sellers on Etsy making laser-cut kits.  Those I've made successfully were from RedCottageMiniatures, SDKMiniatures, MelissasMiniWereld, and HalfScaleMiniatures.
      I'm curious to know whose kits have others had success with.  Do you have a favorite designer/seller?  What do you like best about the kits?

• instruction sheet
      By suse53
      does anyone know where i can get the building instructions for greenleaf No. 9010?  its the 56 piece furniture set i believe. the schematic sheet says dollhouse furniture kit, thats it.  hope someone can tell me where i can find the instruction sheet.

thank you
      sue
    • Liquid Chrome Label
      By WBrownIV
      Here is the label. It's made by a company called "Molotow" The trick with it is to apply it almost to where it runs. Then don't touch it for a few days.
    • Liquid Chrome Paint
      By WBrownIV
      This is the Chrome paint I used. It truly works!
    • Moldy wood
      By Caraloo
      I recently acquired 2 old kits (Houseboat and Adams).  While checking to see if they were intact, I noticed some mold on the edges of a few pieces.  Should I use diluted bleach?  In the past for mildew smelling pieces, I’ve wiped with Murphy’s and then dilute tea tree oil, rinsed, wrapped in plastic, and placed in the freezer.  Worked well.  But these are whole sheets of wood and I can see the mold.  Advice?