Lawbre Glen Cove

Genevieve A

I finally took the plunge!   After acquiring My Beacon and then my Garfield I came across a Lawbre Glen Cove that a lady was selling for 35,000, got greatly inspired, and went on a mad search to find one, at a lesser price of course!  I figured with all the miniatures I have amassed I can create a masterpeice. It was not easy finding it,  you have to scour ebay, marketplace, craiglist and cross your fingers or either order it striaght from the Lawbre company itself.  I found mine 2 hours away in New Jersey.  Won't be picking it up until Christmas, but am super duper excited!!!  

ffb9695c8acd68294f4aa5a22fa0066b.image.225x168.jpg

Edited by Genevieve A
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genevieve A said:

Okay everyone, I wanted to repond to everyone in a indivudial reply like they have on facebook, but there seems to be no such option.  Still learning this site..please have patience with me!!

If you use the "quote" feature at the bottom of every post, you can reply to that specific comment, even if it's back aways, or even on a previous page.  Not quite the same as FB, but you get used to it.  I just used that to answer you here - it will repeat what the person said, then you can add your comment below. And if they had a long post, you can (carefully!) delete part of it to respond the part you wanted to comment on. 

And you can click on the "like" button, over on the right side of a post. That used to say who had liked it, but it doesn't give the names anymore. 

BTW - welcome to the Greenleaf Family :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CheckMouse said:

If you use the "quote" feature at the bottom of every post, you can reply to that specific comment, even if it's back aways, or even on a previous page.  Not quite the same as FB, but you get used to it.  I just used that to answer you here - it will repeat what the person said, then you can add your comment below. And if they had a long post, you can (carefully!) delete part of it to respond the part you wanted to comment on. 

And you can click on the "like" button, over on the right side of a post. That used to say who had liked it, but it doesn't give the names anymore. 

BTW - welcome to the Greenleaf Family :) 

You are right, thank you so much!  I am glad to be here, believe me!!!   Lively bunch on here aren't they?   (and BTW "Dollhousers", as I like to call them are the most nicest helopul people on the non 1:12 scale planet!)

3 minutes ago, Genevieve A said:

You are right, thank you so much!  I am glad to be here, believe me!!!   Lively bunch on here aren't they?   (and BTW "Dollhousers", as I like to call them are the most nicest helopul people on the non 1:12 scale planet!)

Yes, they are! And this bunch is right at the top!  I found this site before I found Facebook, and it's still "home".  And you can always ask a question and get a good answer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

. That used to say who had liked it, but it doesn't give the names anymore. 

You can see who "liked" your post if you click on your profile, where there is a list of the most recent activities related to your account.

The easiest way to navigate this site is to set up your own Activity Stream. Go to Activity then to My Activity Stream then to Create a New Stream and setup your personal preferences. Then name it, save it and make it your default on the main screen by clicking on the name. Let me know if this is clear enough or totally confusing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sable said:

The easiest way to navigate this site is to set up your own Activity Stream. Go to Activity then to My Activity Stream then to Create a New Stream and setup your personal preferences. Then name it, save it and make it your default on the main screen by clicking on the name. Let me know if this is clear enough or totally confusing.

Yes, you're right, HUGE help!  Thanks so much!!!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018, 2:13:54, KathieB said:

You can see who "liked" your post if you click on your profile, where there is a list of the most recent activities related to your account.

Thanks, Kathie - I didn't realize that was all in there!  Since the last upgrade I haven't figured out all the changes yet.  I see that we have lost a lot of emoticons also.  :(  They were so much fun!