Modern house-opinions & suggestions

Keifer

I know the topic of price is a touchy subject on this forum and I respect that.

So I ask that you PM me with you thoughts on what would be a reasonable starting price and what a realstic selling price might be for the house that I built.  I will not be offended by ANY thoughts or opinions  

I understand the drawbacks of this transaction 1) unique/low demand niche market item.  2) local buyer to big/heavy to ship. 3) sheer size of house. 

So if you have the time I would value the input and experience the members on here have to offer

Let me repeat what I said earlier, I will not be offended by any price or comments.  I understand the situation, I just have no clue since its nothing like whats out there. Big thanks in advance.  Look forward to your thoughts. 

It is hard to put a price on somebody else's work, specially if it is as good as yours. The market is so bad that If I can at least recover my costs I feel all right. This is why I have stopped building at the pace that I could. You have to be very lucky to find the buyer that appreciates and is willing to pay what your work is worth. Many houses end up at charities, given away, at Goodwill or getting dust in our homes. Good luck!!

Hello Keith,

I have no clue as far as price goes. I would suggest entering or displaying it in as many shows as you can. You can tell people you are accepting offers and see what others are willing to pay for it. If it wins an award, that is another selling feature as well. I suggest you pm @otterine She has sold her work and lives near you.

I wish you luck, and look forward to your next build.

• Like 2

I realize what I’m asking is difficult.  I’m not going to hold anybody to a price they throw out there like “you said I could get this much for it”. 

Its just that we’ve all seen the ebay posts where someone is selling a house and they’re asking $20,000 for it and we all have a good laugh.  I don’t want to be that person but at the same time I’ve seen the posts where someone says “its too much for my budget but it seems like a fair asking price”  Thats all

A dollhouse shop owner once told me, start with your costs plus $.10 (ten cents) per hour for labor.

Advertise it to a major commercial interior designer. Large commercial office buildings are always looking for filler pieces for lobby’s.

• Like 2

I think to get the best bang for your buck a local buyer is going to be your best bet.  Even though your pictures are a great portrayal of you house, being up close and personal will allow the buyer to have a better appreciation of your work.  When I post pic's of my houses, I know the pictures don't capture the real beauty of the work I put into the house.  Your work is worthy of top dollar and if that is what you are looking for, you should take Carrie's and Sables advice in marketing your house.  I personally never build a house thinking of what it might sell for, I build it because I love being creative, and I think you do too!

Why not try and get it some exposure such as a few blogs - modern miniatures, interior design, or mail some pictures to magazines (nutshell news, or some of the larger ones). Write a bit about yourself, why you built, and casually mention you want to sell it because you need the space for the next built. 

You should set yourself up an Instagram page for this house, open to offers. There is a lot of action going on in miniatures over there and I’m always amazed at the prices ooak miniatures sell for.