New and wondering how best to get set up?

ellyssa

19 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The only time I try dry fitting much of the kit, it's just the exterior walls at first, to make any fit adjustments; after that it's pretty much area by area.

That makes good sense. To dry fit an entire house could get complicated and would probably not be all that useful, as there will be tiny shifts as parts are glued, so further readjustment may be necessary as the build progresses. 

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

That makes good sense. To dry fit an entire house could get complicated and would probably not be all that useful, as there will be tiny shifts as parts are glued, so further readjustment may be necessary as the build progresses. 

I have tiny shifts happening between the dry fitting of a part and the gluing of a part! :p (I guess that means that it wasn't a very good dry fit...)

1 hour ago, rbytsdy said:

I have tiny shifts happening between the dry fitting of a part and the gluing of a part! :p (I guess that means that it wasn't a very good dry fit...)

Sometimes it means that things fit tighter after you've adjusted for fit.

• 1 month later...

I just started my house this week. I have a 40” square table to build on... though my house will be almost 42” when finished. I was going to build it in my bedroom and then realized that once it was built I would not be able to get it out of my bedroom! So I’m building it in my living room. Havanaholly warned me not to use hot glue. Thankful because I was.   Instructions aren’t the best. (I’m building the Garfield kit) Definitely label everything before you punch the pieces out. I’m also taking the advice of others and will be painting before building (like staircase) and putting in flooring & wallpaper, etc. will be very hard once built.   Best of luck. :-)

Edited by StephanieC
Spelling