Scratch built contemporary DH

Keifer

I am so glad you posted a larger picture so we could get a better look at your mastery.  Love your kitchen cabinets and all the detailing on the island is spectacular.  Do you make your own cabinets?  Love the light fixture too, definitely very creative.  You are so talented.

22 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I am so glad you posted a larger picture so we could get a better look at your mastery.  Love your kitchen cabinets and all the detailing on the island is spectacular.  Do you make your own cabinets?  Love the light fixture too, definitely very creative.  You are so talented.

Thank you again, it means a lot.  To answer your question, I did make the cabinets and the light.  There just are not a lot of options for modern lights out there...plenty of chandeliers though.  

22 hours ago, NellBell said:

Keifer that is a wonderful kitchen and so inspireing. The photo and lighting is perfect. 

Thank you, I hope to get some daytime pics soon, I fear they’ll be less forgiving. 

• 2 months later...

Project update for those of you interested.   Now that the kitchen is done, I am moving on to the room adjacent to it.  I am calling this room the “Great room” simply because of its size.  If you were to stand outside and face the house, the flow of the rooms would go as follows right to left.  Kitchen-greatroom-entryway-interesting staircase-den/office on the bottom and bedroom above that. 

TWO BROKEN IMAGE LINKS REMOVED

The entrance into the kitchen will have these cabinets and columns made by me. The cabinets are white instead of the grey kitchen color to tie into the great room color scheme. 

The Great room will be mostly white with pops of color here and there.  The space will have an open ceiling with an atrium type sky light at the peak of the roof. 

ONE BROKEN IMAGE LINK REMOVED

I cut some cardboard to get an idea of what the front windows and roof line would look like.  The rest of the house will be almost the same height as the great room.

Currently I am working on the entrance and custom door.  I’ve seen a lot of cool doors as I’ve been perusing various resources but it was hard to find one that fit all my criteria.  1- I had to really like it 2- it had to fit the vibe/style of the house 3- it had to challenge my artistic skills but at the same time not be beyond my skill set. 

Long post I know but its been a while since my last update.  I hope to have more as things fall into place...fingers crossed.

Edited by Mini Man
Broken image links (3) removed and broken emoji
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Where did you find that green Kitchenaid mixer?

1 hour ago, FurMama said:

Yes, I was wondering that same thing! 

It’s from an Etsy seller called Global miniatures. 

1 minute ago, Mineejv said:

Beautiful......I made shelves (cabinets) with posts.....           Mine didn’t come out looking like yours......

I think I need to quit now...

I think you just need to keep practicing.

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Keifer said:

Resurrecting this thread for future posts as it was buried deep.  Also some pics dd not make the transition. 
large.B3EA05B6-3424-4A02-9B82-67F62E358253.jpeg.4df1b104d848afda966db723ce134928.jpeglarge.D38E3B30-7C50-4619-B75D-85B4D161192B.jpeg.ccea47e4984e98ff3c156eb03b0acbb8.jpeglarge.1797A242-3249-43F0-8928-23223607BF26.jpeg.e8d8250111e0c39623ac63607fa79d30.jpeg

OMG! This is gorgeous! I'll have to go back and read through all the posts! Do you have tutorials for anything? I assume you built the fridge and most everything in here? Beautiful job! 

• Like 4