New Adventure

sheudo

HI my name is Sherry and this will be my first build.  I found The Tennyson on craigslist cheap and thought it would be a good place to start.  I done 3d paper houses and decorations.  I've wanted to make a doll house since my daughter was little (she is 32 now) so I think it time.  I have to grand daughters 3 and 10, I'm s sure they will be helping me decorate eventually. 

I have the kit all marked, apart and sanded.  Now on to the next step.  The dry fit.  No questions yet, but I'm sure I will have some soon.  Thanks for all your blogs, tutorials and  information.  I know I'll be needing it!  

Sherry

• Like 3

Welcome Sherry! the Tennyson was my first house too, and my biggest challenge was dry fitting the roof, but after the initial sweat trying to figure it out, i ended up making my first batch! it was intense, but I loved the outcome. I don't have that house anymore, sold it! Collect all the patience that you can, and have fun! we are here for you!:D

30 minutes ago, sheudo said:

So I did a dry fit.  Now do I paint it before I glue it together. 

You don't have to.  I mask off the parts I'm going to glue together and prime and paint or paper the walls the dry fit showed me I wouldn't be able to get to once the whole shebang is glued together, then I stain or prime, etc., as I build; it depends on what the dry fit shows me and the house tells me.

I glue first then paint because you don’t want to get paint on raw wood which will be glued to other raw wood. Also, this eliminates more touch up later.

That being said, are you going to apply wallpaper before you glue or after?