I am soooo excited, I have id'd my UK mystery house

Thimble Hall

I can't believe it. I have searched for 3 years and so have folks here Today  I got a list of dollhouse shops in the UK which I may find time to visit when I go over in a couple of weeks, there were many many more than I have heard of and I started looking at their web pages  there right on one of them was my house. It is called Letsby Avenue

Pictures show mine is the first one  '  the other two  are from different shops ,as you can see they came painted in different  colors. Once I had the name I found several, some stores had a few old stock but it is a discontinued Streets Ahead.

I am thrilled, it was only a few days ago when I began working on it I said it needed a name. The really funny thing if you  say Letsby Avenue quick it sound exactly like my Dad getting us all in the car for a  seaside trip when I was a child    he used to say " lets be 'aving you" Oh Gosh I really needed this thrill and treat too.

So funny little house I have ignored  you for so long, I am sorry, especially cos  it seems since I started you,  you have found me too. Now I have to give you a name that reminds me of my Dad.

XX Jeannine

British house.jpg

letsby 5.jpg

letsby 8.png

• Like 6

Yay!  That must be somewhat of a relief to find it after so long!  Love that the name reminds you of your dad - funny how things work out sometimes.  Obviously you're in the right place now to have this knowledge!

Maybe this will be the long promised memory house, albeit a bit small. I grew up in a vicarage which served the Queens St church. We then moved to a street called Salisbury . If I go closer to home I would like to call the memory house something to do with Robins..long story but very very close to my family and history.. Looking at the design of the house  I can't call it Cottage or Hall.. maybe just house . Robin's House sounds as though it belongs to someone called Robin which would be wrong.. The Robins suggests a family name too, 

I may call it simply Robins  and the street will ne Memory Lane