new in dripping springs, tx

lindsaymhicks

Hi ya'll,

I'm Lindsay, I'm a teacher, I'm brand-new to this world of dollhouse building.  This first one I have started on is The Fairfield: not quite sure what I have gotten myself into.  But it is very fun, I am loving it, and I have a million questions.  If you have any tips, feel free to reach out to me- I will love to hear from you.  Happy building!

-Lindsay

Welcome to the little family, Lindsay.  The Fairfield is 1:24 scale and as most dollhouses (in the US, anyway) are 1:12 scale, you might find finding furnishings, inhabitants and accessories "interesting"; I wound up making almost everything I put into mine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lindsaymhicks said:

oh wow! how did you make your stuff?  

I found a few 1:24 kits (the nursery) and when Dollhouse Miniatures changed hands the last time they began running a series of 1:24 projects with the stove; I made the rest of the furniture by scaling down patterns I had for 1:12 furniture.

• Like 1

Is that your dry fit?  If you are gluing already, do please not use hot glue.  I did a lot of dry fitting so I could see what I could go ahead and decorate before I had to squeeze a hand and brush into the space and what I would want to bash.

I am using a glue that peels right off if needed- because I don't really know what Im doing, how things fit together, etc.  I decided im not going to worry about decorating until I get a house together successfully- so many things to learn.  So for what you see- I did a dry fit for step D then glued everything together how it told me at the end of the step.  Nothing is permanent , can take apart if need be, but this lets me know how it will fit.