New place to buy and sell miniatures

Mid-life madness

9 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

The format is similar to this site. When you sign up you need to supply an email address, then a user name and password......nothing financial until you decide to buy.

The difference I see is that anyone can view most of this site's content without joining; I'm sorry, I'm with Jeannine on this; no signing up sight unseen for me.

They just want a username and email address it’s not a big deal. Its just for private selling of Miniatures which will be nice if it takes off. A lot of familiar artisan names. Doesn’t look like it has a great deal of content right now. Everything has to start somewhere though, hope it works out. Fees on eBay and etsy from what I hear are getting ridiculous, it’s pushing artists to new selling formats. Good for them. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sable said:

Facebook also has a lovely group: World of Dollhouses and Miniatures: Buy and Sell

It has close to 4,000 members and is a very friendly place to visit.

I hear all kinds of good things about the Facebook groups. Miniaturists are generally nice people all around IMO. I don't belong to Facebook....even though it is tempting me  !

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I hear all kinds of good things about the Facebook groups. Miniaturists are generally nice people all around IMO. I don't belong to Facebook....even though it is tempting me  !

Yep - there's even a mini selling FB group for Australians and New Zealanders!  <gasp> How can you not be on FB yet Carrie???  Even my hubby joined a couple of months ago when he realised he could connect with other rare car owners around the world!  I've met some wonderful people from other countries through FB and have even since had the pleasure of meeting some of them!  Plus it's a lovely way of keeping up with family who are a distance away.  And of course it's a great way of connecting with people who have similar interests.  I'm in a couple of book fan clubs, some mini pages and Scouting groups!  Look me up if you do choose to join in future! :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shareb said:

How can you not be on FB yet Carrie??? 

After i watched this movie about his rise....https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285016/

It completely turned my stomach.( I was on FB briefly) I just don't trust Zuckerberg. LOL!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

After i watched this movie about his rise....https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285016/

It completely turned my stomach.( I was on FB briefly) I just don't trust Zuckerberg. LOL!

Fair enough!!  I am complete positivity - I tend to glaze over when there may be issues.  This has gotten me into trouble in the past! :D  It also annoys the heck outta my husband - who fortunately is a Virgo and a very practical man!  

• Like 1

Zuckerberg is on his way out because of his antics, may even be losing the company to another CEO hired by the board.

Carrie, I do however think that this could be a great site!  a little scarce but it's new! So, I signed up... I think when I get back Ill go through some of the things that I'm fairly sure Im not going to build and list them!  Could be a lot of fun

• Like 2

This thread is what I like about being a member of this forum.  We are here to share and through our sharing we learn so many things.  I don't have anything to sell and I am not looking to buy much at the moment, but it is good to learn about the many possible places to purchase miniatures.   

• Like 2

I belong to some of the fb buy/sell groups, I haven’t actively participated in them but I’ve seen some really great deals being posted. 

I keep 2 fb profiles, one for friends and family and one for miniature related only where I follow and friend only dollhouse miniature related content and artists/shops from around the world.. It’s so nice to be able to scroll down my feed and see nothing but dollhouse stuff. 

• Like 1

Also just FYI the miniature group Carrie posted about is I believe run by Shelly Norris who is a long time member here. She does the pretty glue flowers. Shelly has been active in hosting online miniature shows for people who can’t attend the big shows in person. 

I think this is a great idea but I'm having a bit of trouble signing up. The site is not sending me the email in order for me to confirm my email address. I clicked on the "resend confirmation" button but I still haven't gotten an email and they do have the correct address. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. Confirmations are usually automatically generated though. We'll see.