3D printer

Thimble Hall

As you all know I am over in Holland right now. My granddaughters stepbrother came over to visit a couple of days ago and during the conversation he said he has a 3 D printer. He then picked up various things in his Mums house that he had made. This is the first time I have seen anything made  this way and I found it mind boggling.  . He is a very quiet young man who very gently explained with pictures how it works., Up to that moment I had absolutely no idea. Double mind boggling . This is another time I wish John was still here, he would have lived it.

• Like 1

We bought a 3D printer as a Christmas present for the kids a few years ago.  We've had mixed results from it.  It wasn't the best back then and technology moves forward so quickly so even the cheap ones of today are probably better than the one we have!  So saying Jack has made some amazing things with it and I've had a go at a few miniatures!  It really is amazing how quickly technology grows and changes!  Even the thought that there was no Youtube before 2005 and when the kids first wanted to go on I wouldn't let them as I didn't trust it!  Yeah, my Dad would have been so interested in my mini hobby.....

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Anna, how difficult is it to get smooth lines for your wrought iron?

One can get fairly smooth lines when the ratio between how fast one moves and how fast the Plastic is red into the pen. Still, the sporter the distance the better so to speak, then again one can run over the first "line" to fill it out to