Currier and Ives village houses

Michelle Brown

On 12/4/2010, 6:25:30, jennywren said:

Hi everyone,

I have recently started to collect the Currier and Ives porcelain houses that were created by the Museum of the City of New York. I saw them in a Country Sampler magazine on display and fell in love. I've been able to find quite a few on ebay so I've been able to put together somewhat of a list of the collection. I was wondering if anyone here collected these houses and if so is there a collector's guide showing all of the houses and accessories. I have had no luck at all searching. I've attached a few pictures.

post-3544-1291515462_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515473_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515481_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515491_thumb.jpg

post-3544-1291515558_thumb.jpgi

On 12/4/2010, 6:25:30, jennywren said:

Hi everyone,

I have recently started to collect the Currier and Ives porcelain houses that were created by the Museum of the City of New York. I saw them in a Country Sampler magazine on display and fell in love. I've been able to find quite a few on ebay so I've been able to put together somewhat of a list of the collection. I was wondering if anyone here collected these houses and if so is there a collector's guide showing all of the houses and accessories. I have had no luck at all searching. I've attached a few pictures.

post-3544-1291515462_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515473_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515481_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515491_thumb.jpg

post-3544-1291515558_thumb.jpgpost-3544-1291515732_thumb.jpg

I have a pamphlet that might help you. I am also selling. A) Currier and Ives  1. American Winter scene, 2. Sunday winter scene, 3. Winter Morning. B) Santas work bench collection  Classsic series,  1. Strum and Fiddle Music Shoppe, 2. victorian series Tinkers Creek School. C) Dickens collectables 1. Victorian Series. D) Kirkland brand 1. Lighted Victorian Village 40 piece. E) no name brand porcelain fiber optic 1. Snow House. They are all brand new never taken out of  box. They are all lighted porcelain houses. For the 40 piece i will try to attach a pic of the pamphlet.  thank you, Michelle.                            My battery is to low to take pics i will send in the late morning b4 i go to work. 

• Like 1

Michelle, I have asked a moderator to move your post from the Chit Chat area to the Trading Post area and to remove your email address and the prices.

The Trading Post is where folks looking to  sell or purchase items will be more likely to see your post. The instructions for that area state that no prices are to be included in postings. 

It is asking for trouble to post your email in a post as this is an open forum that anyone can access and is being scanned constantly by webbots harvesting email addresses for sale to spammers. This forum has a Personal Messenger feature, Anyone wanting to ask a question can contact you using this feature and your correspondence will remain private.

If the Edit link is still visible at the bottom of your post, you can remove the pricing an email address yourself.

Welcome to the forum! I moved the post and removed the email and prices. If anyone is interested, they can send you a private message through the forum and you can talk about prices there.

I'll also send @jennywren a message to make sure she knows about this thread.