Hello from Akron, Ohio

waynec

Hi everyone! My name is Wayne and I live in Akron, Ohio. 34 years ago I built my mother-in-law the Pierce dollhouse. I was 18 at the time so I just assembled the kit and that was it. My father-in-law did the rest and he was not the handy type. Well over the years with many grand and great grand-kids the dollhouse was damaged and repaired over and over again.

He passed in 2016 when he was 89 and mom moved into a smaller house. Now that the dust has settled its my turn to repair the doll house.

• Like 3

:wave: I've already said hello on the other thread.....but just wanted to reiterate that you have plenty of friendly folks on this forum ready and willing to give you help throughout your Pierce rehab process. Enjoy!

Welcome to the little family, Wayne.  I tried to rehab a Pierce that had been built with hot glue and many of its parts were missing, plus disassembling destroyed not a few window and door inserts, so I made all new windows and doors and had cut double doors into the solid wall to access the added conservatory and roof-top garden I was going to add; I had it about 30% redone when we moved and during the move it got destroyed.