What is it?

Argh!

There's a lot of confusion on my facebook dollhouse groups re this house. I thought it was a retired pottery barn doll house but now I'm not sure. The lady i bought mine from said it's pottery barn. Some say they bought one at Costco. Some say it's a battat. There's another one that's very similar to mine but the roof is hinged for attic access. Can someone here id this one pls?

20181206_165013~2.jpg

41 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Is it front opening and MDF?  It puts me in mind of one of the Dolls' House Emporium's houses.

It is front opening and I'm pretty certain it's mdf but ppl say it's not a doll's house emporium either. I think those are the ones with the hinged attic. This attic doesn't move and feels like plastic.

I have a pic of the interior with the doors open but site won't let me upload.

Mine is going to be a museum with French feves so its origin isn't that important to me but i am curious re exactly what brand it is now that ppl can't figure it out.

I feel like someone has asked a question here about this house before... can’t for the life of me find the post though. Perhaps do a google search on Georgian dollhouses and see if you can find it that way..... 

19 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I wish I could help, but that is definitely either a child's dollhouse or a UK dollhouse and my knowledge of dollhouses in those areas is abysmal.

Isn't there a way to do a photo search on Google?

I did a reverse photo search for this house and sadly it came up with nothing that was remotely close....I do think however, that this is a Pottery Barn house from some years back.  I see these on offer up  A LOT

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019, 9:40:16, havanaholly said:

I know a big (old) girl and a couple of younger ones who would have loved to play with that house!  We need Kelly to weigh in to learn if that was the only one Battat made.

It's for sale!! I ended up with a celerity second empire dollhouse for $50 so i need to sell a few.

• 1 year later...