Question about Chicago International

shannonc60

2 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I am considering going in 2019 and want to know what precisely the preview is. I am guessing it is just to look at what is there, and not for buying. Would appreciate some advice from someone who knows more than me! Thanks!

Omg I wanna come! :D

The Preview and Sale is an opportunity to view the goods and purchase items before the show opens to the public. Participation is limited to 600 people, which sounds like a lot but really isn't, considering the size of the show. The extra US$15 gives you first crack at one-of-a-kind items and additional time on the selling floor. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Samusa said:

Omg I wanna come! :D

Ok! Not sure if I’ll have the money yet, and the Sydney show is right afterwards so not sure I would be attending that.

5 hours ago, KathieB said:

The Preview and Sale is an opportunity to view the goods and purchase items before the show opens to the public. Participation is limited to 600 people, which sounds like a lot but really isn't, considering the size of the show. The extra US$15 gives you first crack at one-of-a-kind items and additional time on the selling floor. 

Thanks so much Kathie! You are a champion. I wasn’t sure if you could buy or just look. Good to know. Not that I’d be buying the high end stuff.. 

The preview show is limited to 600, but each year I have been the preview show has always been more crowded than the other days even when it was held Friday evening.    Things sell out very quickly at Chicago International - a lot of people with a lot of money!   The first year I attended I decided I would check everything out first before doing any buying.   I found six items I really wanted and then made another round to make my purchases - all but one had already been sold - lesson learned.  A lot of vendors have very small inventories or OOAK items.   It is the best weekend ever and every miniaturist should attend at least once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, queenannediva said:

The preview show is limited to 600, but each year I have been the preview show has always been more crowded than the other days even when it was held Friday evening.    Things sell out very quickly at Chicago International - a lot of people with a lot of money!   The first year I attended I decided I would check everything out first before doing any buying.   I found six items I really wanted and then made another round to make my purchases - all but one had already been sold - lesson learned.  A lot of vendors have very small inventories or OOAK items.   It is the best weekend ever and every miniaturist should attend at least once.

When is this show?