Hello from a newb in Canada!

Kogo Shuko

Hello everyone, 

I am not only new to this forum but absolutely new to dollhouses as well. I am actually more of a model horse collector, but my collecting has led me to acquiring a miniature caravan (somewhere between 1:12 and 1:9 in scale), and I discovered how much I actually love the idea of decorating and furnishing it and thought perhaps I could discuss with other people, and learn as I go along. 

I also am trying to find out where my caravan came from, and when it was made. At first I thought it was homemade, but I have seen two other instances online of the caravan being sold. I will read the FAQs and figure out which board to post that query in though. ^_^

Anywho, I'm from Canada, and started off this adventure collecting traditional size (1:9) Breyer model horses. I also am a photographer, a hobby bird watcher, and a model painter. Basically, I just have a bunch of hobbies that somehow tie in really well together. ^_^

Edited by Kogo Shuko

Welcome Lynne,

I saw your other post and thought I would share @Shareb caravan. it is gorgeous. It is from McQueenie. You might contact them if you can't get an answer here.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8138

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Lynne.  Jeannine is from BC (but visiting family in Europe at the moment) and has built a McQueenie caravan, and Kelly (rodentraiser) also collects Breyer horses and lives in Washington.

Hi from New Zealand!  Looking forward to seeing your caravan!  As Carrie said, I put together the McQueenie this year and honestly it was one of my favourite projects so far!  Loved it and loved how it turned out (thanks Carrie!!).  There is just something magical about creating something so far removed from my life!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shareb said:

Hi from New Zealand!  Looking forward to seeing your caravan!  As Carrie said, I put together the McQueenie this year and honestly it was one of my favourite projects so far!  Loved it and loved how it turned out (thanks Carrie!!).  There is just something magical about creating something so far removed from my life!  

I looked at the pictures and I adore your caravan! It is so beautifully done! 

McQueenie is out of stock at the moment, but I am so tempted to get one some day and try my hand at making one myself! 

Here is a picture of the caravan I found, with my new and more realistic model horse in between the shafts. I posted an entire thread about it elsewhere. :)

20180826_161609.jpg

I am painting the brown horse next to it to look like a Gypsy Vanner horse. ^_^

Edited by Kogo Shuko
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kogo Shuko said:

I looked at the pictures and I adore your caravan! It is so beautifully done! 

McQueenie is out of stock at the moment, but I am so tempted to get one some day and try my hand at making one myself! 

Here is a picture of the caravan I found, with my new and more realistic model horse in between the shafts. I posted an entire thread about it elsewhere. :)

I am painting the brown horse next to it to look like a Gypsy Vanner horse. ^_^

Thanks!  It was certainly a labour of love - they are a beautiful kit to work with.  I did find your other post - I think I commented on it.  :D  He'll make a gorgeous Gypsy Vanner!!