Christmas Greetings from Greater San Diego, CA

JessB66

Hi there, my name is Jessie and I am currently building a half-scale Buttercup. I wanted to try out a small-scale kit to see if I liked 1:24 scale and if the laser cut kits are a big improvement over the die cut ones. (They are, absolutely, and I don't think I would build a die cut kit again after seeing just how much better laser cut kits are.)

My next project is to build a large wall house (10 rooms) in 1:16 scale to house my collection of Calico Critters and their furniture and accessories. The are so cute! I am planning to build out of foamcore, because I live in an apartment.

I love to make miniatures and design my own dollhouses. Today I made coach lights and ceiling lights for my Buttercup. I once made a big house with a 2 story front porch out of cardboard and lengths of basswood.

In addition to dollhouses, I enjoy playing Sims 4, especially the building and decorating aspects of the game. I just got started in Stardew Valley and I enjoy that, too.

I have a dog I love a whole lot named Evie. Evie and I just moved to the San Diego area recently. I would like to meet people here who have interests in common.

Welcome to the little family, Jessie.  I still like to fool with the die-cut kits, but the laser cut ones do spoil you!  Many years ago we lived briefly in a small apartment in San Diego, and it is a beautiful city.

Merry Christmas!  My name is Jessie and I am currently building a half-scale Buttercup. I wanted to try out a small-scale kit to see if I liked 1:24 scale and if the laser cut kits are a big improvement over the die cut ones. (They are, absolutely, and I don't think I would build a die cut kit again after seeing just how much better laser cut kits are.)

My next project is to build a large wall house (10 rooms) in 1:16 scale to house my collection of Calico Critters and their furniture and accessories. They are so cute! I am planning to build out of foamcore, because I live in an apartment.

I love to make miniatures and design my own dollhouses. Yesterday I made coach lights and ceiling lights for my Buttercup. I once made a big house with a 2 story front porch out of cardboard and lengths of basswood.

In addition to dollhouses, I enjoy playing Sims 4, especially the building and decorating aspects of the game. I just got started in Stardew Valley and I enjoy that, too.

I have a dog I love a whole lot named Evie. Evie and I moved to the San Diego area recently. I would like to meet people here who have interests in common.

I am lucky to have a miniature shop locally in San Diego. I am planning a trip early next month for finishing supplies for my Buttercup. I am planning to furnish it with Greenleaf kits. I haven't found figures yet. I saw some pretty dolls on Etsy, but I am not sure I can afford them.

Welcome, Jessie! I merged your two threads into one. I'm also a Sims fan... often when I'm painting dollhouse I wish I had access to the eyedropper tool!

I think San Diego has a miniature show in February, you might want to check that out.

Hi Jessie!  Welcome to the Forum.  You have a great dollhouse store in San Diego with lots of experience in that shop!  I lived in San Diego for 11 years and do love the City.  As @fov mentioned there is a Miniatures Show and also an active club in San Diego and the show is indeed in February, its February 2, 3, and 4....with a few classes on the 2nd.  It's a small show but nice vendors.  Again welcome,