LED Lighting in Buttercup

JessB66

I made a pair of coach lamps for my Buttercup that came out brilliantly. Hiding the wires, not so much. I did scratch in channels for the wires, but they still show. I didn"t make them deep enough. I did them with a caulk saw. It works pretty well if you don't have a Dremel with a router attachment.

I secured the wires with masking tape and they show through. They will certainly show through the wallpaper. I am thinking about facing the inside walls with card to help hide the wires. Has anyone else done this? What exactly did you do and how did it come out?

The card stock under the wallpaper might work, but there may still be a bulge. Can you add decorative trim and hide them under the trims? If the wires are running along the door, you could add additional vertical trims. Or create a decorative wallpaper panel, even one that mixes or matches what you are using, to cover the specific areas. 

Thank you so much for the excellent suggestions. I think you are right about the bulge from the card over the wires. I think I would be satisfied with it and I can arrange furniture and decor to hide it a bit.

Most of my wiring channels are ok and the wires disappear under the tape and paper. It's where I had to make a turn in the channel or stop in the middle of a piece  that I had a problem. I think in the future I will cut the channels across the piece and fill the places that won't be used.

Sorry I am late to this topic.  I have put card under the wallpaper, but cut additional channels in the cardstock for the wire.  I cute a template for the wall, figured out where the wires were, cut narrow channels in the card where the wires would be, then covered the card with wallpaper.  When I put them in, the thickness of the card surrounding the wires helped hide them.

• Like 1