Dollhouse Lover

Hey everyone! I convinced my husband to let me buy my 7 and 4 year old girls dollhouses for Christmas this year! So, I got them each an Orchid for their first house and we'll see how much they actually get into it and um how long it takes to convince my husband to buy more... Ha. So, I started building both Orchid's this morning. Have the shell almost done, hoping to have them complete aside from shingles by New year's as I have to go back to nursing school in January and have no time for hobbies then. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing with their houses. I have an old Dura Craft Farmhouse that I started with my dad when I was in my teens that was never finished but hopefully will finish that once I get done with school. Happy holidays to all! 

• Like 1

I've loved dollhouses for a long time.i had a little handmade log cabin that I picked up at a yard sale and made all sorts of little things for it. Then I bought the farm house kit but then my parents started building a real house so the doll house got put on hold. I was the middle of five kids so my dad having extra time to help wasn't plentiful, plus he owned his own  business and  was a pastor of a small church. Then I moved out.... Got married had kids, etc. So, now that we have kids that are starting to become a little independent and we're not broke, I can pursue miniatures again. In my free time... I just hope my girls love it as much as I do so I can justify it a little more. Haha.

On 12/31/2018, 9:30:17, Wealthywarriormaid said:

I think it's probably easier than building them separate because after you figure out the directions you just do it twice and you don't have to figure it out again later.

You probably have a point, but still--impressive job!  I hope your girls love them!